Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 09-01-2009, 08:42 PM   #1
taracor

Drives: 2009 5 Dr. Hatch
Optimum suspension setup fopr 15"s

So I've been looking at wheels and suspension a lot lately, and want to figure out the best set up to get for the money. In terms of wheels, I am debating between 195/55/15 or 205/50/15. My reasoning is, get the car as light as possible to get the best performance, (in which case the 195/55/15 should be the lightest, correct?) but on the other hand, with the 205/50/15 I am getting quite a bit more contact with the road. Which is going to be more beneficial?

In terms of suspension, as much as I want some Tein Basics, I think I will be going with springs and shocks for the time being. I'm debating between Tenabe DF210's or TRD's. I'm trying my best to avoid rubbing, so that's why I'm not just going for the DF210's. Any advice on those? (Or maybe I should just save for the basics?)

This is mainly for road use, but a little bit of track, by the way. Thanks!
taracor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:05 PM   #2
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
If your worried about rubbing, you can always go with AOE TigerTec springs. Which as far as I know, are the stiffest ones readily available on the Yaris. I have them and they are amazing in response and handling, also a nice drop. Not slammed but not 4x4 either.
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:07 PM   #3
arcticvitz

Drives: Base 09 White Yaris 3DR 5MT
Send a message via AIM to arcticvitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by taracor View Post
So I've been looking at wheels and suspension a lot lately, and want to figure out the best set up to get for the money. In terms of wheels, I am debating between 195/55/15 or 205/50/15. My reasoning is, get the car as light as possible to get the best performance, (in which case the 195/55/15 should be the lightest, correct?) but on the other hand, with the 205/50/15 I am getting quite a bit more contact with the road. Which is going to be more beneficial?

In terms of suspension, as much as I want some Tein Basics, I think I will be going with springs and shocks for the time being. I'm debating between Tenabe DF210's or TRD's. I'm trying my best to avoid rubbing, so that's why I'm not just going for the DF210's. Any advice on those? (Or maybe I should just save for the basics?)

This is mainly for road use, but a little bit of track, by the way. Thanks!
You might be able to get a decent deal on Tein Basics from the shop in my signature. If you want Tein Compacts with dampening he can order those as well (thus why I couldn't resist getting a set to be unique ). If you do call Upgrade for a quote tell Glenn that Aaron (myself) referred you and he should hook you up with a decent price. For the money I would say save up and get the Tein Compacts:
A. They're excellent quality
B. They're very affordable
C. They come with a warranty and can be overhauled at any US location for approximately $40 per strut/shock
D. They still have dampening adjustment (just in case )
E. You'll probably be the second Yaris in the US to have them!

Anyways that's just my .02 have fun!

Oh yeah make sure you change out the struts/shocks before you pick up a new set of wheels and tires (better safe than sorry)
Old 09-05-2009, 12:33 AM   #4
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
I am running the DF's with stock wheels and tires ZERO problems. I also have the PG 13mm Hub spacers