Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-17-2010, 05:10 AM   #1
shinlee

Drives: 07 liftback
Mods

Now that the yaris has been out for a while, I'd like some opinions on a few mods please :)

CAI : I had an AFE intake that went into my wheel well, but I'm curious about all the new ones that've come out. Any new "great" ones that put the first few original CAI's to shame?

Exhaust : I ran a custom resonator back flowmaster 60 series 2'' exhaust. Has anyone developed a nice bolt on that doesn't sound like every other 3 or 4 inch flow through muffler? I liked the flowmaster's sound, but I don't want another custom set up, so any suggestions are appreciated.

SSK : is the lil engine bay ssk still the gold standard? I used NST's and thought it was great, but I remember there were a couple other new ssk's that were being developed so any remarks on those are also appreciated.

Thanks alot! Just wanting to look at the new stuff and see if it would be worth it to remod the yaris. I went back to stock to sell it in or trade it in on a new car, but then I paid it off and got the new car anyways... so I'm keepin the pregnant roller skate, lol, in case people wonder why I would have modded/unmodded and want to go at it again
shinlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:23 AM   #2
H3LlIoN

Drives: '09 Yarrrr hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinlee View Post
SSK : is the lil engine bay ssk still the gold standard? I used NST's and thought it was great, but I remember there were a couple other new ssk's that were being developed so any remarks on those are also appreciated.
I can't speak to the other CAI's, as I have only tried the AEM, but I <3 my AEM. As for SSK's I avoid both the NST kits. I'm running the TWM. There are threads on here in which I've already address the concerns with the NST kits.

Special thanks to Cali Yaris, 1NZYaris1 and lilredrocket
H3LlIoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:14 PM   #3
TWM Performance

Drives: 84 GTI, 90 GTR, 97 Si
For the short shifters, we do have something available in the form of a replacement shifter shaft that reduces the throw and the height of the shifter.

As well, a great improvement for the shifter, even on the stock unit, is to upgrade to solid base bushings and cable bushings. I did the install in a friend's Echo not too long ago and started with only the base bushings and cable bushings, the improvement is very impressive even on the stock shifter. The shifter is a lot more precise and solid. Just some food for thoughts for people who do not necessarily want to install a short shifter but want to have a better shift feeling!

Frank
Team TWM Performance
TWM Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:17 PM   #4
shinlee

Drives: 07 liftback
thanks!
shinlee is offline   Reply With Quote