Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-31-2016, 04:48 PM   #1
Kalispel

Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
2015 Recall (Affects about 3100 vehicles in U.S./NA)

Anyone else with a 2015 that has checked your VIN on the recall yet? I'm guessing from the limited number of units affected that they must have gotten in a defective batch of parts from a supplier at some point, or one of their machines or such was defective during a brief window of production.

So far, my little Yari still comes up clean on the search. It was manufactured in late 2014 (France), so was probably one of the first couple of batches off the line for the U.S. market.

You can enter your VIN here to check current recall status for your Toyota:

http://www.toyota.com/recall

I wonder if the recall is specific/limited to a trim level (L/LE/SE) or transmission-type during a specific window of manufacturing for the 2015?

The recall is only for approx. 3100 2015 Yari (so far), which is about 3 months worth of American sales of the model - assuming they are talking about U.S. recalls # only and not U.S + Canada total.

The Problem: A front upper shock assembly bearing could be damaged, causing abnormal noises while driving on rough road surfaces or turning the steering wheel. If the vehicle continues to be operated in this condition, a front shock absorber piston rod could separate, causing a loss of vehicle stability and increasing the risk of a crash.

The Fix: Dealers will replace the strut mounting bearings with improved ones. If a strut mounting bearing is found to be damaged, the dealer will replace the strut and front suspension support sub-assembly with a new one.

Last edited by Kalispel; 05-31-2016 at 09:45 PM.
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 05:13 PM   #2
VaultTec

Drives: 2016 Yaris SE
Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully my 2016 is free of any issues. I ran mine and got

"There are no open Safety Recalls or Service Campaigns for this vehicle."

Cheers.
VaultTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 12:00 AM   #3
BLKHILLSGUY

Drives: 2011 3dr LB Polar White
My 15 SE is also free and clear. Drove a 09 Pilot around all day. Loved the size, ride, and interior. Kinda made me second think my self for a second. Got back in the Yaris and realized how much I love the car and how much character it has.
BLKHILLSGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 06:02 PM   #4
justanotherdrunk

Drives: 2016 SE
my vin check showed >>>

There are no open Safety Recalls or Service Campaigns for this vehicle.

justanotherdrunk is offline   Reply With Quote