Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-29-2017, 06:05 AM   #1
miiser

Drives: yaris 2009
Anyone with led lights in the cabin? Any Photos?

Does anyone have install led lights into the cabin?? Are there any photos?
I am Thinking to change the regular ones with leds. Is it worth it??

Also any DIY instructions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
miiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 11:52 AM   #2
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
That was one of the first things I did when I got my second Yaris (traded in the first one).

Worth it as long as you stick with white LEDs. It's pretty straight forward. Remove the covers, put in LED, turn on to check if you have the polarity correct, and put on cover.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 12:14 PM   #3
miiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
That was one of the first things I did when I got my second Yaris (traded in the first one).

Worth it as long as you stick with white LEDs. It's pretty straight forward. Remove the covers, put in LED, turn on to check if you have the polarity correct, and put on cover.

It seems beautiful. Yes I want to take white leds aswell. Thanks for your pictures.
I was thinking about it, but I wasn't sure about the result.
But as I see it in the pictures it's a nice upgrade :)
Did you bought leds from eBay or your local store? Cause found some ready kits for my car that includes all the inside lights, plus the license's plate lights

Old 01-29-2017, 05:27 PM   #4
SirDigby

Drives: 2007 yaris 3 door
superbrightleds.com is the best location to get everything you need.
I did not do my overhead lights, because I keep them turned off. but I did replace the HVAC bulbs right away. I have an 07 and they came with those ugly, dim, nuclear green color. I changed to "cool white" I believe.

SirDigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 05:32 PM   #5
miiser

Perfect!

Last edited by miiser; 01-29-2017 at 05:42 PM.
Old 01-29-2017, 05:34 PM   #6
miiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDigby View Post
superbrightleds.com is the best location to get everything you need.
I did not do my overhead lights, because I keep them turned off. but I did replace the HVAC bulbs right away. I have an 07 and they came with those ugly, dim, nuclear green color. I changed to "cool white" I believe.

That's exactly what I had in my mind! I hate I really hate! Hate! This green!! I thought it wasn't possible to change it! But here you are!
How You did this??? Is it easy?

Old 01-29-2017, 07:37 PM   #7
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by miiser View Post
It seems beautiful. Yes I want to take white leds aswell. Thanks for your pictures.
I was thinking about it, but I wasn't sure about the result.
But as I see it in the pictures it's a nice upgrade :)
Did you bought leds from eBay or your local store? Cause found some ready kits for my car that includes all the inside lights, plus the license's plate lights

I got my parking lights, license plate, dome, and cargo light from eBay. The parking and license plate light are a little too blue for me (I want pure white light the cabin lights). I got the map lights from TheRetrofitSource. The cargo and dome lights are boards. The rest are 194 wedges.

We will see how long they last since they're from eBay. Haha
Old 01-30-2017, 03:54 AM   #8
miiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
I got my parking lights, license plate, dome, and cargo light from eBay. The parking and license plate light are a little too blue for me (I want pure white light the cabin lights). I got the map lights from TheRetrofitSource. The cargo and dome lights are boards. The rest are 194 wedges.

We will see how long they last since they're from eBay. Haha

I am thinking of buy them from eBay. The site www.superbrightleds.com had a very good variety and they seem they have good quality of leds. But I live in Greece and the shipping cost, from ups, is 20+ euros. That's more, that I have to pay for the leds.
In eBay I found a kit for about 8 euros but as u said, I found in commends that are close to blue. So I am a little confused :p

Old 01-30-2017, 01:44 PM   #9
Kaotic Lazagna

Yeah, that's the problem with eBay. Never know what you're going to really get. I did get some 194 bulbs a while back that were more on the white side, but they were still a little blue compared to the 194 bulbs I got from TRS and the LED boards I have now.

I got some LEDs from SuperBrightLEDs many years ago. I wasn't really impressed by them, so I never went back to them. I get my important LEDs from VLEDs (they're pricey, but are very high quality). I'll take chances with eBay for easy access bulbs (because I'm not sure of their reliability; I have LED strips by VLEDs from 2010 that are still going and just as bright as day 1). If they die, they were cheap and will be easy to replace. lol
Old 01-30-2017, 10:04 PM   #10
SirDigby

Quote:
That's exactly what I had in my mind! I hate I really hate! Hate! This green!! I thought it wasn't possible to change it! But here you are!
How You did this??? Is it easy?
it is pretty easy. you just pull off the side plastic trim, the speedo trim. then you can take out the whole center HVAC controls. the spiral controls just pop off with a pic or pocket screwdriver. 2 are the same, 1 was different. there is a few posts with pictures if you do some searching. I don't have any of doing it, but it took like 15 minutes to do. the dash gauge is the same as any other aftermarket gauge.

you should live chat with superbrightleds.com I bet they ship to Europe. you should do a lot of research and order all the bulbs you can think of.
I forgot I DO have a LED license plate bulb. there is only 1, so it's a very good idea to do that one. and I did the little peanut bulbs in the front headlights with bluish LED tower bulbs. they come on with the parking brake set, and the switch set to "parking" or the first position. they are on with the headlights on. they are off with the DRL only. (I don't know how the headlight is set up in Europe)
Old 01-31-2017, 12:32 PM   #11
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
I had them for a while, but most of them stopped working, as I think they were cheapies.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 04:28 PM   #12
miiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDigby View Post
it is pretty easy. you just pull off the side plastic trim, the speedo trim. then you can take out the whole center HVAC controls. the spiral controls just pop off with a pic or pocket screwdriver. 2 are the same, 1 was different. there is a few posts with pictures if you do some searching. I don't have any of doing it, but it took like 15 minutes to do. the dash gauge is the same as any other aftermarket gauge.

you should live chat with superbrightleds.com I bet they ship to Europe. you should do a lot of research and order all the bulbs you can think of.
I forgot I DO have a LED license plate bulb. there is only 1, so it's a very good idea to do that one. and I did the little peanut bulbs in the front headlights with bluish LED tower bulbs. they come on with the parking brake set, and the switch set to "parking" or the first position. they are on with the headlights on. they are off with the DRL only. (I don't know how the headlight is set up in Europe)

So it's easy to change the lights on the hvac? There are like plug and play? Or you have to iron solder ??

Old 01-31-2017, 04:28 PM   #13
miiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine View Post
I had them for a while, but most of them stopped working, as I think they were cheapies.

You mean the eBay ones?

Old 01-31-2017, 08:31 PM   #14
SirDigby

Quote:
So it's easy to change the lights on the hvac? There are like plug and play? Or you have to iron solder ??
PnP. you just order the correct size. I forget the size, (it's a 4 digit I think) but if you do a search I know there are lists of all the bulb sizes all over this site. the speedo does require more extensive work. I have not messed with them. did you see the LED lights on www.superbrightleds.com that look like old school incandescents? super sweet!
Old 01-31-2017, 08:41 PM   #15
miiser

I have the digital speedo so I can't modify it anyways.
I saw the site. But the shipping cost is too much for me :( it cost more than the leds themselves :(