Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-07-2012, 05:01 PM   #1
chaditotx

Drives: 2007 3dr hb 5sp
Allan Phillips Racing ECU

Anybosy using one? If it works well, let me know. Read it does wonders with stock ecu from the boosted 3 liter tacomas. The company is literally minutes Away from my house.
chaditotx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:27 PM   #2
justjesus

Drives: 2008 Liftback
can u drive down there? talk to them and see what they think? maybe they can sponsor you?
justjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:47 PM   #3
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
The Yaris unit was never made to my knowledge. I got a bunch of ever-changing stories from them (after offering to stock the thing, and it ain't cheap), and gave up.

if you'd like to follow up since they are so close and confirm or deny that, it would be very helpful to the community here. That management box had promise.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:05 AM   #4
chaditotx

I called and talked with the lady that worked rhere, and she said the owner used to work for trd. I will drop by on my days off and see. I'd like to run one. Just seems toyota.friendly to me.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:12 AM   #5
chaditotx

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjesus View Post
can u drive down there? talk to them and see what they think? maybe they can sponsor you?
You know, it would probably be beneficial if they wanted the market.segment to let one go to a guinea pig. Toyota/scions are hurting for.a good system like that. Prolly sell 50 a month. I'd let them
test it on my car np.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:47 AM   #6
thefalls

Drives: Axio GT
Now that you are our man down close to that place then you can try to get as much info needed. Too little information about these. They are pricey but if they are worth every penny then its the one to get.
Hope to hear from you soon!
thefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #7
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

One was made for the Scion xB. It was sold at www.dezod.com. It's also no longer on their site. It was $2000.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:27 AM   #8
chaditotx

I could understand $1500 but 2k is high. You figure an AEM and a Boomslang will run you $2800 anyway. I'd rather have something designed solely for Toyota ECM's if you know what I mean. It would be nice to tune for the mods I have, and then have the flexibility to move on to a turbo or supercharger and keep the same plug and play set up and learn the software in the meantime. I'd almost bet I could squeeze another 20-25 horses out of the stock motor with bolt ons and some agressive tuning, pulling that rev limiter to 8k would be interesting NA. I'm not sure if the cams would breath well there though. I bet I could probably do that with a couple Weber side draft carbs too... but carb+boost is sloppy IMO.

Last edited by chaditotx; 09-08-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:26 PM   #9
packetrace

Drives: Yaris Sedan 2009
2800 for a plug n play ecu that keep DBW, idle control and other small stuff i very col
Exterior:RTX scorpion painted GOLD, side and rear visor, oem spoiler, MI mesh grill, Hella supertone horn, RS badge, Vios badge, CF pillar, Led mirror cover, fog light HID 3000k, Projector retrofit HID 8000K
Performance :MI CrankPulley, Tein springs, UR and TRD bar, TURBO IN PROGRESS
Audio : Pionner DEH-80PRS, HAT L1V2, PowerBass 1100.5X 5 channel amp
packetrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:47 PM   #10
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaditotx View Post
I could understand $1500 but 2k is high. You figure an AEM and a Boomslang will run you $2800 anyway. I'd rather have something designed solely for Toyota ECM's if you know what I mean. It would be nice to tune for the mods I have, and then have the flexibility to move on to a turbo or supercharger and keep the same plug and play set up and learn the software in the meantime. I'd almost bet I could squeeze another 20-25 horses out of the stock motor with bolt ons and some agressive tuning, pulling that rev limiter to 8k would be interesting NA. I'm not sure if the cams would breath well there though. I bet I could probably do that with a couple Weber side draft carbs too... but carb+boost is sloppy IMO.
Which AEM are you talking about using? If you are talking about a piggyback then it would be much cheaper. If you are taking the EMS series I think that I have seen the vers 3 and 4 for $1800+. I am not sure what MI would be able to do for a price because personally I won't ever purchase an AEM product again since I have had bad luck with them. I am hesitant to pick up a Boomslang either. As for trying to squeeze more power out of the stock setup unless mistaken there have been some folks that have gone that route and netted only around 10/15hp. Jason has bumped his limiter to the 8K and has been running it just fine apparently. Adding those few bolt-ons could get you to the 20/25 most likely, but when you spend the money you will to get that then in some ways unless you are building toward a robust setup it would be a waste of money in comparison to going FI with even low boost. Taking a couple days (literally) and researching on here and even becoming a member and searching on microimageonline.com will show you all of the leg work already done over the last 6 years. If you are serious about this stuff then it is worth your time.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.

Last edited by fnkngrv; 09-08-2012 at 02:12 PM.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:58 PM   #11
packetrace

Drives: Yaris Sedan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkngrv View Post
Which AEM are you talking about using? If you are talking about a piggyback then it would be much cheaper. If you are taking the EMS series I think that I have seen the vers 3 and 4 for $1800+. I am not sure what MI would be able to do for a price because personally I won't ever purchase an AEM product again since I have had bad luck with them. I am hesitant to pick up a Boomslang either. As for trying to squeeze more power out of the stock setup unless mistaken there have been some folks that have gone that route and netted only around 10/15hp. Jason has bumped his limiter to the 8K and has been running it just fine apparently. Adding those few bolt-ons could get you to the 20/25 most likely, but when you spend the money you will to get that then in some ways unless you are building toward a robust setup it would be a waste of money in comparison to going FE with even low boost. Taking a couple days (literally) and researching on here and even becoming a member and searching on microimageonline.com will show you all of the leg work already done over the last 6 years. If you are serious about this stuff then it is worth your time.
MI is actually puting together a PNP aem ems....the aem ecu would control everything including vvti....and the stock ecu would control the idle control, drive by wire tb...and other small stuff...i think this is what he sys would cost 2800....but Garm did not told me any price...well I have not asked...
Exterior:RTX scorpion painted GOLD, side and rear visor, oem spoiler, MI mesh grill, Hella supertone horn, RS badge, Vios badge, CF pillar, Led mirror cover, fog light HID 3000k, Projector retrofit HID 8000K
Performance :MI CrankPulley, Tein springs, UR and TRD bar, TURBO IN PROGRESS
Audio : Pionner DEH-80PRS, HAT L1V2, PowerBass 1100.5X 5 channel amp
packetrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #12
chaditotx

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkngrv View Post
Which AEM are you talking about using? If you are talking about a piggyback then it would be much cheaper. If you are taking the EMS series I think that I have seen the vers 3 and 4 for $1800+. I am not sure what MI would be able to do for a price because personally I won't ever purchase an AEM product again since I have had bad luck with them. I am hesitant to pick up a Boomslang either. As for trying to squeeze more power out of the stock setup unless mistaken there have been some folks that have gone that route and netted only around 10/15hp. Jason has bumped his limiter to the 8K and has been running it just fine apparently. Adding those few bolt-ons could get you to the 20/25 most likely, but when you spend the money you will to get that then in some ways unless you are building toward a robust setup it would be a waste of money in comparison to going FE with even low boost. Taking a couple days (literally) and researching on here and even becoming a member and searching on microimageonline.com will show you all of the leg work already done over the last 6 years. If you are serious about this stuff then it is worth your time.
Absolutely. I will be doing the forged or hypereutectic rods and pistons, and better valve springs for sure.... I am glad someone ELSE (not me for a change) found out that the stock upper end couldn't handle much more with FI... I've been doing tons of reading on this site... I applaud you pioneers out there! I'll be getting on the MI forum too, thank you for the suggestion.
Looking for something with a lot of adjustability really. Toyota always seems to have been VERY conservative and erring on the side of caution with their EFI programming. Im looking to get another motor within the next few months and start building it on the bench. They are cheap enough... and if I manage to go slow enough she won't even notice the $ flying out the window. Right?

Great work on that intake man! It's beautiful. I was going to get my brother-in-laws company to build me one at http://www.bmcrace.com/ (my nephew does the welding) But they are super busy running the shop and not giving discounted intakes to family... Acutally didn't ask them yet.. I just know they are swamped.

Not a big fan of AEM either.... good intakes tho.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:38 AM   #13
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Any progress with Allan Phillips?
Old 11-02-2012, 01:14 AM   #14
computerlove87
The Fit is NO!

Drives: '09 3DR "S"|'87 Caddy Brougham
Send a message via MSN to computerlove87
Garm didn't you used to have the allan phillips in your store? I've seen it hundreds of times (not there anymore though)

Please ignore the Ferrari
computerlove87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:16 AM   #15
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

When they were "about to release it" I put it into the store. It was never finished for the Yaris, as far as I know.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:32 AM   #16
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Did chaditotx ever make it over there, or call them?
Old 03-04-2013, 12:49 PM   #17
chaditotx

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
Did chaditotx ever make it over there, or call them?
My bad Garm.... I actually sent them pictures of the ECM as requested, but got so tied up I haven't followed up with them. They haven't contacted me either. I will try and get some time to find their email from the summer and follow up.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #18
chaditotx

Just sent them a follow up email. if I have to, I will cruise up to New Braunfels, Tx and stop by. I was really interested in the product.