Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-21-2007, 05:38 PM   #1
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
where's the performance products?

cars been out over a year now in north america, we have 1 company making a turbo, and a blitz supercharger adding 40hp , so wheres the aftermarket????

I'm already bored with my car, and ready to sell it for a gas guzzlin jeep
punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 05:54 PM   #2
YarisGuy

Drives: 2006 Yaris
There is already quite a bit of support considering the car is only a year old. It usually takes at least several years for the aftermarket to grow and offer major options.

One thing is for sure, the more we do to our cars performance wise the more the aftermarket companies will take us seriously.

BLITZ
Tanabe
Tein
NST
C-ONE
Cusco

That is not too bad a list for a small car man.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:12 PM   #3
punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisGuy View Post
There is already quite a bit of support considering the car is only a year old. It usually takes at least several years for the aftermarket to grow and offer major options.

One thing is for sure, the more we do to our cars performance wise the more the aftermarket companies will take us seriously.

BLITZ
Tanabe
Tein
NST
C-ONE
Cusco

That is not too bad a list for a small car man.
so wheres the performance, you list suspension companies...
Old 06-21-2007, 06:30 PM   #4
sdmf
Down With the Sickness

Drives: 2007 yaris liftback
Send a message via AIM to sdmf
how on earth can you miss TRD, they make tons of part for the yaris/vitz, also you missed fujitsubo, f5 fujita, aem, weapon r, twm performance, chinocharles racing factory

Strength - Determination - Merciless - Forever
sdmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 09:12 PM   #5
punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmf View Post
how on earth can you miss TRD, they make tons of part for the yaris/vitz, also you missed fujitsubo, f5 fujita, aem, weapon r, twm performance, chinocharles racing factory
wow air intakes....
Old 06-23-2007, 07:28 PM   #6
sdmf
Down With the Sickness

Drives: 2007 yaris liftback
Send a message via AIM to sdmf
Quote:
Originally Posted by punch View Post
wow air intakes....
trd japan has alot of stuff for the yaris/vitz, check out the stuff from boomplustoys.com twm makes shortshifter kits, at least you have options, try searching stuff for the corolla

Strength - Determination - Merciless - Forever
sdmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 07:01 PM   #7
RShatchback

Drives: 07 yaris liftback
I think part of the problem is no one wants to spend the money, you look around at the boards at posts looking at interests in parts - people are more interested in making their own or waiting for something cheaper. No one is going to be manufacturing parts like turbo kits when out of almost 4 thousand members only a handful have purchased them - while others are looking to piece together their own, or want to purchase one without an intercooler with lower boost to keep cost down. The aftermarket is dissapointing when you look at all the stuff available for something like the Honda Fit. I've been looking at a couple of different dealers this week - I'll probably have this car traded in before the year is through - mainly cause the aftermarket support is so dissapointing. We'll have to see...
Old 06-21-2007, 11:21 PM   #8
YarisGuy

Drives: 2006 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by RShatchback View Post
I think part of the problem is no one wants to spend the money, you look around at the boards at posts looking at interests in parts - people are more interested in making their own or waiting for something cheaper. No one is going to be manufacturing parts like turbo kits when out of almost 4 thousand members only a handful have purchased them - while others are looking to piece together their own, or want to purchase one without an intercooler with lower boost to keep cost down.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:01 AM   #9
Nutzoids

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
Um... Who wants to spend $10,000 to sup up a $12,000 car? These "Aftermarket" companies are more worried about turning, not just a buck, but a REALLY BIG BUCK!

OK so you say R&D but lets be honest, you just need to modify something you already have, no one is re-inventing the wheel here!

Greed now runs the aftermarket... before(now I'm showing my age) it was pride and respect... now ever since Mommy and Daddy pay for all of Jr.'s little toys until they die, now they can charge an arm and a leg for a hunk of crap!

Like $4000 for a 40whp supercharger!

But there are still some out there, Some companies that still keep the little guy in mind, and go above and beyond to save there customers a couple of bucks... Without saying any names...Cough NST Cough! They try there damndest to make their parts affordable for ANYONE...

Why can't a Turbo company make a "Watered Down" version... Where would Apple Computers be if they only sold $3,000 desktops and $2,000 laptops... they have em if you want em... but if you want a Mac Mini...$500!

You wanna sell your car? Do it... because your Bitching on this website won't help the cause!

Now if you wanna stand up and be heard... Well then your car better already have:

Megan Headers
Greddy Exahust
Tanabe Front Strut Bar
NST Pulleys
TWM Short Shifter Kit
F5 CAI
Bouche Platinum Spark Plugs
Grounding Kit
Upgraded Throttle Body
Tein Damper Kit
C-One Light Weight Flywheel
Konig Ultra Light Weight Wheels
TRD LSD
Stainless Steel Clutch and Break
C-One Rotors
Dezod Break pads
SEIBON Carbon Fiber Pieces

Then tell me your BORED!

Nutzoids... Where Punk rock is less about Image, and more about the Mind!

Last edited by Nutzoids; 06-22-2007 at 12:18 AM.
Nutzoids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 02:08 PM   #10
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutzoids View Post
Um... Who wants to spend $10,000 to sup up a $12,000 car? These "Aftermarket" companies are more worried about turning, not just a buck, but a REALLY BIG BUCK!

OK so you say R&D but lets be honest, you just need to modify something you already have, no one is re-inventing the wheel here!

Greed now runs the aftermarket... before(now I'm showing my age) it was pride and respect... now ever since Mommy and Daddy pay for all of Jr.'s little toys until they die, now they can charge an arm and a leg for a hunk of crap!

But there are still some out there, Some companies that still keep the little guy in mind, and go above and beyond to save there customers a couple of bucks... Without saying any names...Cough NST Cough! They try there damndest to make their parts affordable for ANYONE...

Why can't a Turbo company make a "Watered Down" version... Where would Apple Computers be if they only sold $3,000 desktops and $2,000 laptops... they have em if you want em... but if you want a Mac Mini...$500!

You wanna sell your car? Do it... because your Bitching on this website won't help the cause!

Now if you wanna stand up and be heard... Well then your car better already have:

Megan Headers
Greddy Exahust
Tanabe Front Strut Bar
NST Pulleys
TWM Short Shifter Kit
F5 CAI
Grounding Kit
Upgraded Throttle Body
Tein Damper Kit
TRD LSD
C-One Rotors
Dezod Break pads

Then tell me your BORED!

Quoted for being one of the great posts here. You nailed it Stever, and if you put your ear to the ground and listen really hard you'll hear rumbling. Options are coming.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 09:18 PM   #11
punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutzoids View Post

Megan Headers
Greddy Exahust
Tanabe Front Strut Bar
NST Pulleys
TWM Short Shifter Kit
F5 CAI
Grounding Kit
Upgraded Throttle Body
Tein Damper Kit
TRD LSD
C-One Rotors
Dezod Break pads

Then tell me your BORED!

megan headers---- dyno proven to add nothing...
greddy----- rice exhaust not out for the sedan, or any other for that matter.
NST pulley ----add zero HP
WM Short Shifter Kit--- but my cars an automatic
F5 CAI---never heard of it, and what about hydro lock?
Grounding Kit---got it....
Upgraded Throttle Body---who makes this, and does it throw a CEL?
Tein Damper Kit---got me on that one
C-One Light Weight Flywheel-0- again automatic....
Konig Ultra Light Weight Wheels--- wheels are coming soon.....
TRD LSD------------automatic.....
Old 06-23-2007, 12:40 AM   #12
Nutzoids

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by punch View Post
WM Short Shifter Kit--- but my cars an automatic
C-One Light Weight Flywheel-0- again automatic....
TRD LSD------------automatic.....
Let me say this so EVERYONE can understand...

Ahem...

IF YOU OWN AN AUTOMATIC, THEN YOU HAVE NO, ABSO-FUCKING-LUTLY NO RIGHT TO TALK ABOUT PERFORMANCE!

That is all!

Nutzoids... Where Punk rock is less about Image, and more about the Mind!
Nutzoids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 10:09 AM   #13
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
Quote:
I think part of the problem is no one wants to spend the money, you look around at the boards at posts looking at interests in parts - people are more interested in making their own or waiting for something cheaper. No one is going to be manufacturing parts like turbo kits when out of almost 4 thousand members only a handful have purchased them - while others are looking to piece together their own, or want to purchase one without an intercooler with lower boost to keep cost down. The aftermarket is dissapointing when you look at all the stuff available for something like the Honda Fit. I've been looking at a couple of different dealers this week - I'll probably have this car traded in before the year is through - mainly cause the aftermarket support is so dissapointing. We'll have to see...
cdydjded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 10:26 AM   #14
staticorex

Drives: Sc'd Yaris Sedan.
I had this same problem with my Altima. I bought it its second year out and there was nothing. Much less than we have. Now there are plenty of FI options, internals, simple bolt-ons and tons of exterior upgrades. Its been a year. Give it time. It's not a Civic. :)
Old 06-22-2007, 12:41 AM   #15
RShatchback

Drives: 07 yaris liftback
Well I wouldnt use a product from megan if you gave it to me, and the horsepower you would gain from that header and still using the cats makes me want shrug my shoulders - and why purchase a header if a decent turbo kit was in production...I ordered the Greddy exhaust and had it on my car before just about anyone probably - check the posts...I've got the Tanabe Strut bar....I'd rather wait for the entire pulley kit to be released than purchasing just the crank pulley.....I have the Trd short shifter...I have the Blitz Intake.....I doubt i'd notice a difference if someone installed plugs and a grounding kit while i was asleep - seriously....I wasnt aware of a TB upgrade? I've seen talk of a TC unit being used, but no aftermarket upgrade.....I have the TRD shocks (only cause they were all that was available) and Tanabe DF springs.......I can see replacing a flywheel if i was doing the clutch - which the car has no need for an aftermarket unit, so i doubt i'll be in there poking around otherwise....Already running a set of 15" Konig Hurrys, which are pretty light....LSD? for what traction problem......I can see upgrading the brakes, but i'd be more interested in a kit rather than pads and rotors...and I ordered the Seibon carbon lip and sideskirts lastweek.......

car has less than 4k miles on it - so if you want to stand up and be heard, dont say I'm bitching about whats available for this car as far as aftermarket is concerned.....
Old 06-22-2007, 12:59 AM   #16
Vanderkitten

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
car has less than 4k miles on it - so if you want to stand up and be heard, dont say I'm bitching about whats available for this car as far as aftermarket is concerned.....
I have a feeling that in a very short amount of time your desires will be answered for parts. So says a little birdy... if you have your Yaris.

IMHO, the REAL stifle for the Yaris is the fact that Toyota North America wants you to buy a Scion if you want to tune it, and a Yaris if you want quirky cool gas mileage.

I have done what very few others have done, and those that HAVE experienced the same thing: Taking your Yaris to the track! This is a VERY capable car with minor mods.

Anyhow, I personally don't have half the stuff you have: the upper-strut, sway bar, etc. I don't think I need it. I could not find the limit of the tires without more brakes and HP. I kept up with a 160HP race Miata driven by an SCCA Instructor, and in fact, my OWN SCCA instructor could not keep up with me in HIS 160 HP Miata.. the only advantage I had was DOT-R Tires and if that made all of the difference, it was a damn easy mod.

The best way to make a car faster it to work on the driver... it's the cheapest, too. .
Megan Racing http://www.meganracing.com
Les Schwab Tires http://www.lesschwab.com
317 graphics http://www.317graphics.com
Vanderkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 02:51 AM   #17
dallas

Drives: Yaris Hatch /Landrover D2
Whats this Greddy Exhaust I see no listing?
dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 08:32 AM   #18
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
every car is the same, once ur finish modding......u have fun for a while then u get bored....