Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-04-2010, 07:33 AM   #1
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Kevin,
You can either buy one of the kits from Garm or go the eBay route really. Garm will back up the product. Your best best is to PM Brian here if you choose to buy the kit from Garm to hear about any "gotchas" if there are any. The projector kit that Garm sells seems to be really high quality. You can then have some third party aftermarket styling shop do the install and it should cost a couple hundred at most if you don't feel that you are qualified to perform the work. Like sleey0 said the sedan at least has a way to plug directly into the factory stalk which is convenient. The biggest hassle for me was having to take apart the bumper assembly twice since the kit I bought (eBay) came with a pad projector. On the up side, the kit that I bought came with OEM bezels so they fit 100% whereas there have been several folks that bought them and it didn't come with correct bezels....the fitment was just "ok". Either way, I would take it to a shop that does restyling and custom installs in vehicles rather than a mechanic. The biggest reason I suggest that is that mechanic shops tend to get your interior much more dirty than one of those other shops. Just my 2 cents.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:47 PM   #2
PhillyG

Drives: 2009 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkngrv View Post
Kevin,
Either way, I would take it to a shop that does restyling and custom installs in vehicles rather than a mechanic. The biggest reason I suggest that is that mechanic shops tend to get your interior much more dirty than one of those other shops. Just my 2 cents.
speaking as a mechanic... yup.. your right.. cant deny although some do try their best to not get it dirty.
PhillyG is offline   Reply With Quote