Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-12-2013, 07:35 PM   #1
sol_lunam_et_vos
I've made a post!

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Base Sedan
This was one of the first mods I did to my vehicle. Removing the Toyota (letters and symbol) and YARIS badges with some strong thread wasn't too hard. but the adhesive they used on the '07 sedan is apparently stuff they use on the space shuttle; it's SO hard to remove. Did it in the 2PM Florida sun at 86 F, and coat after coat of Goo Gone and soaking, scrubbing, scraping with a rubber scraper, and a car sponge with a little car soap, I got it off in about a half hour. Apparently, TOYOTA is embossed onto the trunk lid. But, with some light rubbing compound, Turtle Wax Swirl Remover, and a good waxing and now it looks pretty great. I'm thinking of getting a nice sticker to put in that recessed spot, unless I find a particularly cool emblem to throw in there.

Side(ish) profile:

sorry if my images are too big, this is my first post here (long time lurker). I finally had something to contribute.
sol_lunam_et_vos is offline   Reply With Quote