Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-16-2015, 08:22 PM   #37
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalispel View Post
don't visually appear to be large enough to hold a "big gulp" type cup very well - though that would fit in the larger one between the two front seats.
Don't remember if the 'larger one' is exactly the same on the '15 and the '14, but the larger one between the seats on the '14 is one of the better differences from the 2nd Gen Yaris, and it also holds a big gulp type cup pretty well. The best one on my '14 re holding a coffee cup is the holder directly between the seats (the one directly in front of the '2 lit/big gulp' holder).
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 12:56 AM   #38
BLKHILLSGUY

Drives: 2011 3dr LB Polar White
Have you attempted to make phone calls via the Bluetooth yet? How is the sound and ease of use? Can the caller hear you without a problem? That's been a big worry for me because the Avalon Limited works so well.
BLKHILLSGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 01:12 AM   #39
Kalispel

Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKHILLSGUY View Post
Have you attempted to make phone calls via the Bluetooth yet? How is the sound and ease of use? Can the caller hear you without a problem? That's been a big worry for me because the Avalon Limited works so well.
Don't laugh, but I don't use a smartphone, and have never even used bluetooth devices. I just keep a basic old-school LG (w/slide-out qwerty-keyboard) cellphone around for basic texting purposes and emergency phone calls on-the-go.

Hey, what do you expect from someone who would rather have crank windows than power windows.

It would be nice to be able to stream my (desktop computer) Pandora Radio stations (on a good carrier plan) from a smartphone app to my car stereo though. That is the main reason I might pick up a smartphone in the near future.

-
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 12:12 AM   #40
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalispel View Post
Don't laugh, but I don't use a smartphone, and have never even used bluetooth devices. I just keep a basic old-school LG (w/slide-out qwerty-keyboard) cellphone around for basic texting purposes and emergency phone calls on-the-go.
I also have an old school Verizon LG non smartphone (w/slide-out qwerty-keyboard) for infrequent calls. I do have an AT&T 4G Windows smartphone that replaced a Huawei 3G Android. I had the old SIM card trimmed so it would fit in the Windows phone.....but I purposely don't have a data plan. Once I have the time to utilize them properly, I plan to get both a Nokia Lumia 1020 Windows phone (41 MP camera) and a Lumia 1520 Windows phone (6" screen) off of eBay or Amazon. If I ever decide to have a mobile data plan, a Straight Talk hot spot with 4GB of data for $40 to use over 60 days appeals to me. An acquaintance has a Lumia 1020 and is in the process of adding 700 CDs to the Microsoft Cloud. He tells Cortana (Microsoft's answer to Apple's Siri) to play 'Blah Blah Blah' (from one of these CDs). Blah Blah Blah is located in the cloud, is retrieved, and moments later 'Blah Blah Blah' is playing on his Lumia 1020.

Quote:
Hey, what do you expect from someone who would rather have crank windows than power windows.
+1. So much so, that I flew to Florida (only a slight ding to the miles I have built up in my account) to get a new manual '14 because I knew the hand crank windows were being eliminated for 2015.

Quote:
It would be nice to be able to stream my (desktop computer) Pandora Radio stations (on a good carrier plan) from a smartphone app to my car stereo though. That is the main reason I might pick up a smartphone in the near future.
Nooooo for me (personally). I'm afraid if I got started with that I'd be (with Pandora in the car) like some notorious texting while driving people are about their texting while driving .
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 03:22 PM   #41
Kalispel

Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
Yesterday I received the OEM Toyota "lidded ashtray cup" (#74101-AE010) that I ordered, since I need additional "covered" storage options in my 2015 Yaris for coins. It is shorter/shallower than I thought it would be, but of good quality. It is clearly designed to rest in one of the smaller dual cup holders in front of gearbox, and the raised, molded rubber ring on outside body edge ensures tight, snug rattle-free fitment there. It can also be fully-placed into the bigger "rear" cup holder behind emergency brake, between the seats, though it is engulfed by that cup-holder, with a very small bit of open airspace around cup, as it sits loosely on the felt bottom of that holder. Even then, the rubber sides of cup ensures no rattling in that larger holder if it does shift that tiny fraction of an inch during movement. The cup does NOT fit into the side door cup holders. I will probably order one more, so that I can have one for pennies alone, and one for everything else.

I just got around to rolling all the change that was stored in my old Accord, and it added up to almost $50, lol. Over $10 alone in pennies. Needless to say I paid for my first tank of gas today ($24) in all rolled coins.

-

Last edited by Kalispel; 08-22-2015 at 02:58 PM.
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote