Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 10:21 AM   #19
magoo_lc1

Drives: honda civic hatch
I apologize but i have a pet peeve about people coming in on someones for sale thread and only saying negative things. Again i apologize to the board and the seller.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:47 AM   #20
Nimble
Modification Condoner.

Drives: 2007 Black Sand Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo_lc1 View Post
Dont mean to jack your thread bro, but i have to. FIrst if you knew as much as you claim you know sellers get what they want out of their car all the time. Its his car as well and if he wants 27k for it he can ask that. Also before you shoot your mouth off about knowing so much some of us might be in the car business. I work for a MAJOR car finance company. If you work at a dealer: dealers are the biggest dumabasses around. Hell i have to explain how a lease works on a daily basis to at least one dealer. And all of you even you nimble unless you pay cash for your car the dealer gets more no matter how good of a "negotiator" you think you are. Even if you work for the delership you are still paying a dealers reserve no matter if your credit is 400 or 850. Please dont let your mouth overload your ass. Dealers will always remain the most uninformed, rip off con artists there are.

I know from experience because i handle the whole united states for nearly a 3000 dealer network. I see more deals in a day then you ever will in your life. So please let the sale continue for one very clean yaris. I hope you get every penny.

Talk about the most non-sensical, ramble I've EVER read in 6 yrs of being on car forums.

First, I know ALL about leases, finances, I don't give a shit who you work for, I know more, simple as that. Sure the dealer gets a 3% holdback, but on a $12K car, that's $360, so in essence, my dealer made $250, hey, it's better than all you guys that pay $600 over and also give the dealer the HB money, and maybe even a trade. So then, you're telling me you know more about negotiating than me, yet who let the dealer make $1K+, vs who let them make less than 350 bucks?

And finally, if you seriously think sellers/dealers/whoever get their asking prices on everyday, regular cars that are priced WAY over retail, then I feel sorry for that poor financing company you work for, as you must be slightly mentally challenged. Repeat it with me....IT'S ALWAYS A BUYERS MARKET IN THE USED MARKET!!! Not a seller's.

I do agree that dealers are ripoff artists though, as I'm sure you do with that price you paid for your Yaris. Ok, who's next? Batter up. S-T-R-I-K-E!
Old 01-31-2007, 10:55 AM   #21
Nimble
Modification Condoner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by static808 View Post
not to overdo it, but could i have some of your dreamworld pills so that i could lower the price of my power package to $500, as you claim to be able to get yours? and it is true, car negotiations arent rocket science. my previous internship at jpl and engineering degree ARE. and $100 below invoice...not bad. we got our yaris at $600 over invoice since we ordered it, waited 14 weeks, and didnt want to wait another 14 weeks for another dealer to get another one. guess you beat us there. but then again, i did get my sienna for $1800 below invoice ($6.2K below sticker). could have been $2800 below, but we opted for 0% apr (instead of the $1K cashback) since the money kept instead of cashing it out could make even more in our money markets and mutual funds. so to quote you...come and do THAT, and then talk to me...until then...

--B
I'll walk you through it, since you feel the need to tell a 26 yr old with $30K+ in 10%+ yielding mm funds that taking a measly $12.9K out in cash to avoid 8% auto loans was stupid. Yeah, yeah 2% more in my mm funds, blah, blah. It's worth it to me because I HATE auto loans. Besides you pay uncle sam on the 10% anyways, making it less.

1) Here's how it works.

2) Sure on Toyota.com, the "power package" appears to be $1550, the list that Toyota has it. However, you'll notice that all Yaris's have a separate breakdown for each package on the window sticker. The "pp" comes with the conven, all weather, and mats.

3) On my window sticker, sitting in FRONT of me now, the conven package is $630, the all weather is $110 and the mats are $150. Add them all up, and subtract from $1550, and WHAT DO YOU GET? $660!!!! Wowwee! That is less than the $1K+ you say it is.

4) Who's next, this smackdown is toooo easy.

BTW, the deals on pig autos like vans and suv's have NO relevance on what peole pay for desirable cars that actually get decent gas mileage.

Last edited by Nimble; 01-31-2007 at 01:55 PM.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:21 AM   #22
static808
Engineer/Artist/House-Dad

Drives: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris TTE JWRC View Post
ok, guys STOP THE NON SENCES, I ll take it, pm sent.

J/K
hahah, i agree with this sentiment! this thread got too carried away, and for that i apologize to 501. nimble, very good breakdown of the power package, as i failed to take into consideration the power package would replace your convenience package, therefore the price would not be ADDED onto your sale price. i concede defeat in this regard. to end on an optimistic note, im sorry that 501 has to part ways with a great car, and i certainly hope that he does get as much as he can for it. the next owner of that car will be quite a lucky person...

--B

ps: before you guys start to hate on vans, lemme tell ya, im doing everyone in the world a favor by having sliding doors! in this way, i dont give everyone parked beside me a ding while removing my child from her car seat! win-win situation, we get the much needed room for playpens, strollers, car seats, etc...and everyone around me gets a dent free car! when you guys start to raise families, you'll know what i mean...good luck to all!
Old 01-31-2007, 11:40 AM   #23
cleong
Parallel Parking Pro

Drives: Yaris 1.5 Manual
It would have been nice to quietly tell the threadstarter over PM that he is overpricing it than crashing the thread like this, unless you actually had the intention to buy, and are conducting an open negotiation over the price.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:54 PM   #24
Nimble
Modification Condoner.

A few things.

I obviously came off as an ass by telling the OP his price is high. I only meant to let him know that there are ways of retrieving close to his asking price simply by changing the way he sells his car. The suspension shocks and springs are a pain to remove/replace, so just sell the car with those on, and sell that nice stereo stuff, the rear sway, and the wheels. Then he has a highly marketable car with all options, that can be priced closer to $15K. All I was saying.

I, of all people, love to see cars sold not sat on, I was simply trying to offer advice on how to do that. Good luck and I'm out. :)
Old 01-31-2007, 01:59 PM   #25
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
People can't comment on Autotrader.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:38 PM   #26
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
What he said.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:40 PM   #27
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Drives: Yaris RS 5DR / Vitz RS wannabe
Poor guy just wanted to sell his car.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:03 PM   #28
magoo_lc1

Quote:
I apologize but i have a pet peeve about people coming in on someones for sale thread and only saying negative things. Again i apologize to the board and the seller.
I will quote my own post . Good luck with the sale an nimble i wont comment on your last post but you can pm if you want to battle wits. Bring a dictionary.

BTW i dont own a yaris yet if you was closer to me 501 i would consider yours. The blue/gold is sick!

Last edited by magoo_lc1; 01-31-2007 at 05:05 PM. Reason: added text
Old 01-31-2007, 06:36 PM   #29
Nimble
Modification Condoner.

Quote:
I will quote my own post . Good luck with the sale an nimble i wont comment on your last post but you can pm if you want to battle wits. Bring a dictionary.

BTW i dont own a yaris yet if you was closer to me 501 i would consider yours. The blue/gold is sick!
Can't drop it can ya? That job you "claim" to have in the car biz where you brag knowledge and me needing a dictionary to talk to you...yeah that one. Is that the one that helps you drive a lunchbox Civic hatch? Just wondering. to me.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:05 PM   #30

Drives: 07 yaris
to end this price thing here is what my widow sticker has listed as options and prices

11,050.00msrp

-fe- 50 state emissions=$0
-cp- all weather gaurd package=$110
-ab- antilock brakes=$300
-gy- seat and side curtain airbags=$650
-ke- remote keyless entry=$230
-lf- fog lamps=$110
-pq- power package w/ 15" steel wheels=$1,290
-rf- rear spoiler=$200
-cf- floor and cargo mats=$150
delivery charge=$620

do the math and it equals $14,710.00

thank you and have a good day

nimble- i appreciate you looking out for the community but you need to realize that i can ask what i want, and i believe that i am asking a fair price. with that said you may have better negotiating skills than another but here in the northwest you will pay msrp for this car.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:06 PM   #31
magoo_lc1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimble View Post
Can't drop it can ya? That job you "claim" to have in the car biz where you brag knowledge and me needing a dictionary to talk to you...yeah that one. Is that the one that helps you drive a lunchbox Civic hatch? Just wondering. to me.
Me not let it go? Take it to pm
Old 01-31-2007, 10:43 PM   #32
Nimble
Modification Condoner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 501 View Post
to end this price thing here is what my widow sticker has listed as options and prices

11,050.00msrp

-fe- 50 state emissions=$0
-cp- all weather gaurd package=$110
-ab- antilock brakes=$300
-gy- seat and side curtain airbags=$650
-ke- remote keyless entry=$230
-lf- fog lamps=$110
-pq- power package w/ 15" steel wheels=$1,290
-rf- rear spoiler=$200
-cf- floor and cargo mats=$150
delivery charge=$620

do the math and it equals $14,710.00

thank you and have a good day

nimble- i appreciate you looking out for the community but you need to realize that i can ask what i want, and i believe that i am asking a fair price. with that said you may have better negotiating skills than another but here in the northwest you will pay msrp for this car.
You are 100% correct, you may ask any price you please. And who knows? You may get it. The mods you've done are nice, part some out and you'll attain very close to what you're asking. Good luck.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:19 PM   #33

bump for a new price of $16,500
Old 02-06-2007, 02:25 PM   #34
sambo42xa

Drives: 07 YARIS Automatic/LiftBac/Red
......does it come with floor mats?

sambo42xa
Southern, NH
Old 02-06-2007, 02:28 PM   #35
sambo42xa

Drives: 07 YARIS Automatic/LiftBac/Red
...what color is it again?

sambo42xa
Southern, NH
Old 02-06-2007, 02:32 PM   #36

did you not look at the previous posts????
the pic is actual color and it does have floor mats plus a cargo mat