Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

View Poll Results: Whats the best header? Pure performance....
DC 24 72.73%
AMK 1 3.03%
MEGAN 7 21.21%
Thunder 1 3.03%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2009, 12:50 PM   #19
fmicle

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by chongopants View Post
well everything I have read says that a good header does make a difference... do you have proof otherwise...remember your on a modders forum...
The header alone won't make a big difference, since the stock intake and exhaust are so restrictive, but the general wisdom is that if you get all these mods, together they will give you a better improvement than each one of them counted separately.

As for the bracket misalignment, it happened to me. The header is attached to the engine block with at least 4 bolts (if not 6, can't remember exactly) and 2 spring bolts to the exhaust pipe, so it's definitely not going anywhere. I don't think it really needs the extra support the bracket will give it, that's why I didn't worry much about it.

There is a removable steel bracket (painted black in my car) that's attached to the engine and then there is a smaller bracket welded onto the header end. If this weld isn't perfect, as in if it's off my 1 mm, the holes won't align perfectly and the stock bolt won't fit, since it has to be threaded into the DC bracket. That's what happened to me, so I took a smaller bolt and nut and just fastened it like that. Ghetto-licious
fmicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:56 PM   #20
chongopants
Banned

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via AIM to chongopants Send a message via MSN to chongopants
ok kewl, but if you dont have a rollstopper wont the rocking(of engine) eventually strain the metal in the header?
chongopants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:08 PM   #21
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
you'll have $1000 in 7whp..

i don't get it.
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:21 PM   #22
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
megan header + midpipe + Nitto exhaust is +/- $650 shipped.

Doesn't have to be $1000, that's just adding up the more expensive products to get the highest number.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:28 PM   #23
hatchbackkid82

Drives: .
Yeah but he won't have to worry about the issues that come with boosting a car, spun rod bearings, connecting rods, tunning, fuel delivery.Not
only that sounds like th OP doesn't wan to drop $2K-$3.5K at once. I don't blame him that would hurt my pockets too. FI would give him the most gain for the money but intially it's a large investment. It all depends on what he's looking for if he just wants a lil' more power than stock i say to keep it NA and just do the exhaust mods. Some people can say the same thing about SC or TBing the yaris $3400 on FI yaris to not even be able to break 180whp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post

i don't get it.
hatchbackkid82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:28 PM   #24
hatchbackkid82

GARM HAS SPOKEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post

Doesn't have to be $1000, that's just adding up the more expensive products to get the highest number.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:30 PM   #25
hatchbackkid82

Chongo just do the exhaust mods and you will be happyLet us know what you decide to go with
Old 11-03-2009, 01:44 PM   #26
Tamago

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post

and the average YW user is afraid of wrenches and dirt, so they'll pay someone a couple hundred to install above parts.. so let's say $850..

i was off by $150.

you can put it in your piggy bank for when your chinese welds start to break on the cheapest exhaust you could get your hands on
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:46 PM   #27
Tamago

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchbackkid82 View Post
Yeah but he won't have to worry about the issues that come with boosting a car, spun rod bearings, connecting rods, tunning, fuel delivery.Not
only that sounds like th OP doesn't wan to drop $2K-$3.5K at once. I don't blame him that would hurt my pockets too. FI would give him the most gain for the money but intially it's a large investment. It all depends on what he's looking for if he just wants a lil' more power than stock i say to keep it NA and just do the exhaust mods. Some people can say the same thing about SC or TBing the yaris $3400 on FI yaris to not even be able to break 180whp
you hit the nail on the head. no one should be spending that kind of money to make their yaris ALMOST as fast as a bone stock camry V6.. so why spend $650 (thanks for the shameless plug, garm lol) to make the car almost as fast as a bone stock corolla?

don't forget, i'm speaking from experience here, i've gone down that road.
you nailed it sir.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:04 PM   #28
chongopants
Banned

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via AIM to chongopants Send a message via MSN to chongopants
well I enjoy modding the car its fun, and after I have removed a lot of weight from the car, and modded the intake slieghtly i see a huge difference. The car can handle very well with a small amt of mods to suspension. In other words its just plain fun... I have a turbo but I am not doing that immediately, and I wanna be the fastest yaris in tx that is kinda street legal... :P
chongopants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:32 PM   #29
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
ugh -- do what you want chongo, it's your car and if you're enjoying it, that's what matters.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:33 PM   #30
fmicle

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Quote:

i don't get it.
I hear you man, but come on, does most of the stuff happening in Yaris World's members' garages make any sense? Do I really need an $800 racing seat that hurts my back after 15 minutes?

I already spent $1,000 on stuff that could also get me a ticket on top of everything, so how does that make any sense? It doesn't, it's a hobby and I like it
fmicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:44 PM   #31
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
i'll say megan, just because i own one. lol. a little biased..
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:03 PM   #32
hatchbackkid82

I know you're speaking from experience, someone could have told you the same thing when you boosted your car. So why did you do it? I'll tell you why cause it's a hobby. Let the OP figure things out for himself. Like someone mentioned on here it's a hobby, have fun with it. I know am

Quote:
you hit the nail on the head. no one should be spending that kind of money to make their yaris ALMOST as fast as a bone stock camry V6.. so why spend $650 (thanks for the shameless plug, garm lol) to make the car almost as fast as a bone stock corolla?

don't forget, i'm speaking from experience here, i've gone down that road.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:02 PM   #33
redglare45

Drives: 07 Sedan - 5 Speed Manual
I would go for Megan, but same as Peter, I'm a little biased because I have that one
redglare45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:52 PM   #34
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
@OP: You forgot to include the Weapon*R 4-2-1 header... I'm still deciding that one and the DC Sports...
I probably won't be getting a header until I can get a full exhaust done locally though... No point in getting a header until I take out all the restrictive stuff first.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:04 PM   #35
curik

Drives: 06 yaris AT
+1 on Weapon R header. I like the 4-2-1 configuration. Even with stock muffler, the sound gets throatier and definitely gains power from 2000 rpm.
curik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:01 AM   #36
RacerFreakXXX
JDM Fred

Drives: 06 Mazda Miata
Send a message via AIM to RacerFreakXXX
I think what tamango is saying is that you are petter off saving the 1k for a big mod like turbo. I think it's a persons decision, if you like slowly modding your car then doing that is the best way. You are better off buying good parts in the long run, however I've seen ebay headers last years, lol. A light weigh ceramic coated header like the DC one is gonna be the best out there for the yaris unless you custom builld one for more money, a lot more.

First decide what you want to do with your car and then do it. I'm not buying any of those simple mods because I'm going turbo and it's a waste to buy all the stuff I will just have to resell.
RacerFreakXXX is offline   Reply With Quote