Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #37
tooter
play every day

Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by spocksleftball View Post
What is the point of the flywheel upgrade. I remember a thread about performance, but it seems a limited bonus like a cai.
When I was in auto shop in the "old days"...
...the front pulleys were called harmonic balancers. I was told that it was good for the crankshaft to have some rotating weight at both ends to help counter the twisting forces acting on it from being connected to a major load at only one end. The back weight being the flywheel. The load on the belts at the front also helps.

But they definitely do make the engine more responsive, just like they do on motorcycles.
tooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:40 PM   #38
packetrace

Drives: Yaris Sedan 2009
WOWW!!

I would really like to get all those stuff
Exterior:RTX scorpion painted GOLD, side and rear visor, oem spoiler, MI mesh grill, Hella supertone horn, RS badge, Vios badge, CF pillar, Led mirror cover, fog light HID 3000k, Projector retrofit HID 8000K
Performance :MI CrankPulley, Tein springs, UR and TRD bar, TURBO IN PROGRESS
Audio : Pionner DEH-80PRS, HAT L1V2, PowerBass 1100.5X 5 channel amp
packetrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:05 PM   #39
Golddeenoh
Takes corners too fast!

Drives: Absolute Red 2009 Yaris HB
finished the install of the intake and exhaust this morning.

done sir done
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GEDC0790.jpg (131.3 KB, 473 views)
File Type: jpg GEDC0792.jpg (153.6 KB, 110 views)
Golddeenoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:39 PM   #40
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
the best way to explain the flywheel is to compare it to the pulley.

Think of how much better the car feels after installing the pulley. Now imagine adding that much lightness again, and you will get what a lightweight flywheel will feel like.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:28 PM   #41
Golddeenoh
Takes corners too fast!

had the front sway bar put on a few weeks ago, felt stiff in the steering at first but i got used to it so now i just corner faster.

got to change out the pulley on an alternator i scored on here so i changed the alternator out to take advantage of the NST lite weight alternator pulley that has been staring at me since May. zippy getting a little more zippy.
mods:15''Drag DR21 w/Nitto NeoGen 205/50R15, Tanabe DF210 lowering springs 1.6/1.8, TRD Rear Sway Bar, Tanabe Front Sway Bar, Micro Image Short Throw Shift Kit (both in and under), 8.64lbs flywheel, F1 Stage 4 Clutch, AEM Cold Air Intake (Red), Megan Racing Header, DC Sports Axle Back Exhaust, Micro Image Crank Pulley, NST lite Alternator Pulley, ARP Manifold Stud Kit,Tanabe Front Strut Tower Brace, ScanGuage II, Micro Image Silicone Radiator Hose Kit (Red), NRG Carbon Fiber Shift Knob (round), 2009-2011 Toyota Yaris Liftback Foglight kit, NRG Grounding Kit (Red), Hella Horns(Red),CF Hood
Old 11-08-2012, 12:43 PM   #42
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
zoom zoom!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:52 PM   #43
Golddeenoh
Takes corners too fast!

I have just about got her to where i want her, but i will have to slow down a bit so that i can move and do some remodeling. just want better tires and rims, rear strut tower brace, rear spoiler, front spoiler and canards, CBF hood and hatch, intake manifold, upgraded connecting rods, high compression pistons, +1mm valves, jun cam, upgraded fuel system and i'm sure there is something else i am missing from that list.
mods:15''Drag DR21 w/Nitto NeoGen 205/50R15, Tanabe DF210 lowering springs 1.6/1.8, TRD Rear Sway Bar, Tanabe Front Sway Bar, Micro Image Short Throw Shift Kit (both in and under), 8.64lbs flywheel, F1 Stage 4 Clutch, AEM Cold Air Intake (Red), Megan Racing Header, DC Sports Axle Back Exhaust, Micro Image Crank Pulley, NST lite Alternator Pulley, ARP Manifold Stud Kit,Tanabe Front Strut Tower Brace, ScanGuage II, Micro Image Silicone Radiator Hose Kit (Red), NRG Carbon Fiber Shift Knob (round), 2009-2011 Toyota Yaris Liftback Foglight kit, NRG Grounding Kit (Red), Hella Horns(Red),CF Hood
Old 11-08-2012, 10:03 PM   #44
Golddeenoh
Takes corners too fast!

quick i need more money to get more parts to be able to keep up with the wife mobile!!!
Old 11-10-2012, 11:25 AM   #45
TPA5
Wait, what?

Drives: NULL
Can we get a vid of that exhaust? I wouldn't mind knowing what it sounds like...Looks all sick though! Love the way the car is coming, wish I had the funds to do that to my car...
TPA5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:02 PM   #46
Golddeenoh
Takes corners too fast!

I'll see what I can do, might take me a little while, but everyone tells me that it is loud and my car sounds bigger than it is.