Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-22-2009, 04:11 PM   #37
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Quote:
Originally Posted by CASTREX View Post
This is what I meant... it looks a little close to me.

ah yes, my monitor at work is very dark.. just looks like blackness back there lol
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 06:15 PM   #38
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaerinRhoe View Post

Castrex, that's the factory bend over the axle.
S.R.
Then you are good is probably the angle of the picture...
CASTREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 06:15 PM   #39
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

Drives: '09 Yaris
Ok, here's 4 more pics of the underside. Where the bend comes over the rear axle it appears (by my mark .5 eyeball) to be 4"-5" of clearance with the pipe. I took a ruler out with me and tried to measure the gap but I couldn't get it close enough while lying on the 100* pavement. :)

^ The markings on the ruler are mostly washed out but it's the best I could do with my cell phone.

^ This shows the slant of the pipe as it comes out to the rear of the car. The parking lot is not level and the nose of the car sits about an inch 'lower' than the back of the car due to the grade of the pavement.

^ This picture shows the distance from the end of the pipe to the edge of the bumper. The portion of the bumper that melted is not visible in this picture but is about 5" towards the front of the car along the pipe.

^ I don't know if this pic is worth anything to those that have replied but here it is anyway.

Hope these help and thanks for your comments,

S.R.

SaerinRhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 06:30 PM   #40
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
How do you like the sound of your new set up?

I had something like this (with a magnaflow glaspack on the back) on my car but the droning was really tire over long trips... but since I couldn't give up the AMAZING sound... I had to do what any enthusiast would have done ...

I installed a flanger where the OE flanger was and now I have 2 exhaust that I can swap in about 15 minutes.

The Magnaflow killer one.... for when I go out for a spirited drive
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6Pp1IuJzG8

And a chambered muffler... for when I'm driving with the GF
I don't have a video for this one but it is just halfway between the Magnaflow and the stock muffler.

Last edited by CASTREX; 06-23-2009 at 12:51 PM.
CASTREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:07 PM   #41
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

Drives: '09 Yaris
I really like the sound but almost all the driving I do is city based so it's 0-45-0 in the space of a couple of miles. I've not had it on the highway for more than half an hour at a time and I don't think it's too loud.

I'll be giving it a test sometime this week though depending on where our monthly meet ends up being and then a trip to an autocross and then down to Houston on the 12th.

But so far, windows up or windows down, I like it. It's a little more 'droning' with the windows up but if it gets to be too much then I just ease up on the gas a bit and it quiets down.

As for your vid, I like the sound of the exhaust you have. It's tighter than the straight pipe and it sounds a little better at idle. I think the one thing that I don't like about mine is that for the first couple of mph, say 0-4 or 5mph, it sounds all breathy and bubbly like it's making motorboat noises in the bathtub or something. Other than that, as LRR would say, it's the tits.

S.R.

SaerinRhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:15 AM   #42
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
Thank you for posting up th vid Tamago have been having trouble with doing mine. Sorry to see and hear about your bumper S.R. when they did mine I think the guy made sure to keep the pipe away from the bumper and my exhaust sticks out further than yours I didn't want mine hidding like the stock one
Old 06-28-2009, 10:02 AM   #43
schleppy
I love momentum.

Drives: 2009 Yaris LB, Red
Send a message via AIM to schleppy
lilred, do yours sound the same as SaerinRhoe's exhaust?
schleppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 05:22 PM   #44
Tamago

just realized i never posted the delete i did for Carlos:

I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:48 PM   #45
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Twin tip ftw.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:05 PM   #46
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
Schleppy the best person to ask that would be SaerinRhoe because he has it done and he got to drive my car after I had mine on. Another good source to ask would be is Lazerdot he has heard both mine and SaerinRhoe's from outside while we were driving. I have yet to hear SaerinRhoe's exhaust having moved away from that area (about 3.5 hours to the south) I didn't get to make it to the Yaris Yak (our get together) that we try to have monthly.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:33 AM   #47
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
Tamago, is there any way you guys could get audio from behind the car, like a normal sound check would be of an exhaust. I know the autocross vid helps alot, but its a distant tone. Many people here are hoping to hear it up close.
Sabretooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:47 AM   #48
Tamago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
Tamago, is there any way you guys could get audio from behind the car, like a normal sound check would be of an exhaust. I know the autocross vid helps alot, but its a distant tone. Many people here are hoping to hear it up close.
i tried that with my cellphone audio recorder and the sound just got washed out. i'll ask carlos if he can do it sometime in the near future.

it's loud. not raspy, not tinny, just loud.
you nailed it sir.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:12 PM   #49
schleppy
I love momentum.

Drives: 2009 Yaris LB, Red
Send a message via AIM to schleppy
Any good sound clips of the muffler delete yet? I watched the vid of the guy racing around, but nothing idling, normal driving.
schleppy is offline   Reply With Quote