Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-05-2011, 10:40 PM   #1
thorasaurus

Drives: Charcoal '08 sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TickleTimeTim View Post
how many parts are used in the coilibri kit? im finding all sorts of kits places, but none that have as many washers and brackets as that kit. how many are actually needed?
I got mine off fleabay but if you're going with A1, you'll need this kit I'm pretty sure (LINK) if you have a sedan; the two-door version if you have a coupe.

The yaris has cable-pull locks so you need special brackets to hold the cable sheath stationary while the actuator moves the cable (see the first post). That's what all the parts are for.

Good luck.
thorasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:48 PM   #2
Pitt Yaris

Drives: Flint Mica Sedan
Bought this kit and it came today. Took me four hours to do the first door, lol. Do the doors not lock or unlock after you have the kit completely assembled and tightened down? I only have the rear left door done, and the lock doesn't move when trying to do it manually.
Pitt Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:14 PM   #3
Pitt Yaris

Well I got all my actuators, etc working. My question is. Where did you connect the red power wire to? The battery or is there somewhere under the dash I can connect it?
Old 11-28-2011, 05:44 PM   #4
Pitt Yaris

Basically I can't figure out which open spot in the fuse box, under the dash to use to get the constant 12v of power.....???
Old 11-28-2011, 07:21 PM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Check out my remote start DIY for a good location for a high current constant +12:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24860
Old 11-28-2011, 10:04 PM   #6
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
hell might as well fatmat that door for a quieter ride ;P
enviri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:15 PM   #7
Pitt Yaris

Well I finally finished installing the power locks and keyless entry. So far so good. Just hoping the lock cable doesn't snap anytime soon.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:25 AM   #8
MyzticZ3r0

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
How much more difficult is it to install the security system if I ordered the package from A1electric with it?

http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/...Code=W01F-740T
MyzticZ3r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:10 AM   #9
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyzticZ3r0 View Post
How much more difficult is it to install the security system if I ordered the package from A1electric with it?

http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/...Code=W01F-740T
I just recently installed a power lock kit with remote entry from A1electric and a power window kit from another vendor. Installing the actuators is the easy part, as compared with installing the keyless entry, remote start, or alarm module.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:12 AM   #10
MyzticZ3r0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
I just recently installed a power lock kit with remote entry from A1electric and a power window kit from another vendor. Installing the actuators is the easy part, as compared with installing the keyless entry, remote start, or alarm module.
From pictures, the actuators do look simple enough to install! The choice of installing an alarm, along with the power lock kit, is tempting! I *feel* like I can install the actuators, however, when it comes to an alarm, that is where I'm a bit weary. I think I'm going to order the power window kit and the power lock kit from a1electric sometime this week. I figured if I have the door panel off already, why not do both at the same time? At the same time, am I biting off more than I can chew?
Old 11-04-2012, 08:42 AM   #11
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyzticZ3r0 View Post
From pictures, the actuators do look simple enough to install! The choice of installing an alarm, along with the power lock kit, is tempting! I *feel* like I can install the actuators, however, when it comes to an alarm, that is where I'm a bit weary. I think I'm going to order the power window kit and the power lock kit from a1electric sometime this week. I figured if I have the door panel off already, why not do both at the same time? At the same time, am I biting off more than I can chew?
It definitely makes sense to do them at the same time, and the wiring is really pretty easy. I can walk you through any questions that you run into.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:34 AM   #12
MyzticZ3r0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
It definitely makes sense to do them at the same time, and the wiring is really pretty easy. I can walk you through any questions that you run into.
Thanks Scott! It's appreciated. I pulled the trigger - now the waiting game ^^"
Old 11-15-2017, 10:29 PM   #13
Mister-twister

Drives: 2009 Yaris hatchback
Did anyone try to use original switches with this after market kit? Where can I get wiring schematic for the master switch?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mister-twister is offline   Reply With Quote