Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-23-2009, 10:53 AM   #91
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
Quote:
Originally Posted by regal View Post
Does anyone have quarter mile time improvements by doing a CAI + Headers + exhaust upgrade ? IME some cars can come down a second or so.
that would mean someone would actually have to take it to a track.....

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:10 PM   #92
Y@R15
Dude wheres my car?

Drives: 98 honda VTi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKLAND TOYOTA View Post
that would mean someone would actually have to take it to a track.....
and remember your not there to race anyone your there to test your vehicle. but the stock times for a yaris from motor trend is suppose to be

0–1320 ft (1/4 mile) 16.6 sec @ 84.4 mph

dont feel bad if your a lil slower then that. they are professionals. but you get to learn how to launch and you will be shaving 10ths of secs off soon.
Y@R15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:28 PM   #93
LittleRed
LittleRed

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatchback 5spd
Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by regal View Post
Might sound crazy but this is one peppy torquey little engine, its lightweight body gets propeled just fine for me. I can' imagine headers, test pipe, and a cat back make much of a difference or do they?
The best thing ive ever put on the yairs is a AFE cold-air intake..it makes an amazing difference in torque and also using 91 octane gas and regurally using fuel system cleaners..mine is a little screamer now...you do have to give the cold air intake a few miles for the ECU to adjust to more air...youll be amazed at the difference... i was...and its much faster with the a/c on...its no longer choking for more air...it was definately worth the 150.00
LittleRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:30 PM   #94
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
cold air intake for yaris = placebo... imo.

I crush you like tiny clown car, because you are clown, yes?
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:45 PM   #95
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
^ Frownonfun, I really like your new sig
(I meant the row of Yarii )
Old 09-30-2009, 10:53 PM   #96
frownonfun

thanks. its from our recent texas meet. just wish we could have gotten a pic like this of everyone's car who showed. it would have been like 10 yarii or more.

Old 10-01-2009, 01:51 AM   #97
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
Our pic is a little patriotic and we are surrounding his because one its blue and went in order and we put a s/c on his car so its pretty much a badass!!
Old 10-01-2009, 10:43 PM   #98
frownonfun

yeah in hindsight we should have put the red cars on the outside, followed by the white to the inside and mine in the center... you know... red white blue.

Old 10-01-2009, 11:12 PM   #99
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
The colors are there is that not enough? Haha
Old 10-02-2009, 11:08 PM   #100
YaYa1320
YaYa

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Little Red is correct, I put 93 in everytime, and def notice a increase with intake and exhaust over stock and 87 when I NEED to get out in busy traffic and need to beat my YAYA to get up to speed, there is no hesitation at all and the car seems to pull a little harder, my GF even noticed the difference when I had to merge onto the beltway in rushour last week, plus it sounded GOOD!!! BWAHHHH!!!
YaYa1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:25 PM   #101
Goose
Car Geek

Drives: Yaris Liftback
In my youth, I screwed up some perfectly good cars with mods. After pouring far too much money into them, the cars were actually worth less. How's this for stupid: tearing out the fuel injection to install side-draft carbs?

I learned quite a bit from modifying my cars - even a bit about auto mechanics. In the end, it seems that modifying one's cars is part of growing up...

'07 Blazing Blue 5-speed liftback (sold)
'08 Black auto liftback (sold)
'09 Carmine Red auto 4-door liftback (sold)
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:36 PM   #102
RacerFreakXXX
JDM Fred

Drives: 06 Mazda Miata
Send a message via AIM to RacerFreakXXX
There are a few types of people. People who lightly mod their cars and sell them 3-5 years, people who buy expensive cars because they sell them 3-5 years so modding a 30k car to be a 60k car is not worth it, people who are happy with a stock car, and people who modify the crap out of their car because the want to keep it till it dies because they love it so much. You have to choose what is best for you and your plans with the car before you buy it ;)

I chose the yaris because I can dump 5-6k into it and have it be as fast as a small v6 and get gas millage better than most 4cyl. I also am paying 0% apr for 60months so I figure all the money I would of dumped into a 7-9% apr is better spent on my car. If the yars hadn't had a 0% apr I would have gotten a civic si or a scion tc and only spent about 2k on basic mods.
RacerFreakXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 01:42 PM   #103
westgl
2008 Prht Miata Red

Drives: 2009 3D 4AM PWR Pkg, Yel Jolt
I bought My 09' Yaris It is an Automatic, it has plenty of Horsepower & Torque, Mine has the factory upgraded 195's Goodyear tires, the suspension I thought was very soft and a little bouncy.
My only Mod was a rear swaybay, this settled down the soft suspension, took away that super soft bouncy feel, and made handling much, much, much!!!! better, but it still has the comfortable ride with the stock springs, I like that I can roll over most stuff since it has good ground clearence.

Yaris is a great car, very manuverable.

Westgl
westgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:28 PM   #104
mikebdubsuby

Drives: Swapped 04 Suby RS, 2010 Yaris
Me and the gf bought our Yaris because she liked the customer service at the Toyota dealership closest to us, and her 07 Corolla never had any problems right up until it was completely totalled, we got back more than we owed. It's a good car. It's a car for her, so I only gave input when needed, she originally wanted a Speed 3, which for obvious reasons, I would've rather got, but I like the Yaris so far, it's not like it's a super fast car or anything, but it is what it was meant to be, an economy car. Just my $0.02.
mikebdubsuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:24 PM   #105
metalshark
MetalShark

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
Modding and efficiency

I modified my Yaris to correct the handling, improve the safety, and to improve the mileage. A lot of my friends didn't think much of my dirt cheap ebay upgrades and some told me I'd have trouble with insulated headers. I rarely use that extra 1,500 RPM of torque curve but when I do its still a lot more fun. With all synthetic lubes it took 20,000 miles to get this thing fully broken in. I average 41 MPG combined all the time now and I can drive hard enough on mountain roads to make the wife clutch the barf bag. Not bad for less than $13K.
Absolutely red, Drawtite hitch, CAI, Insulated Header, Amsoil 5w-30, Mag-drain plug, Red-Line MT-90 tranny oil, Scotch-Guard, Window Tint, Dash rug, Custom short throw shifter, Lowered OEM arm rest, Super-Turbo muffler/w chrome slash cut tip., TRD rear sway bar, sticky pads, front shock tower bar, RS grill badge, VVT-i emblems, Second tire set from Tirerack.com, DISABLED DAY TIME RUNNING LIGHTS, platform- style locking custom bike rack. 86K miles so far. 5 years use now on ceramic wrapped insulated stainless-steel header.
metalshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:48 PM   #106
06silveryaris

Drives: 2006 yaris
I have minimal mods on my yaris just some suspension upgrades,light wheels, drop in simota airfilter(thanks Garm) and a turbo muffler for a little bit of rumble. I love it very dependable not loud or annoying to take on long drives good ac nice handling great mpg
06silveryaris is offline   Reply With Quote