Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-27-2014, 05:42 PM   #1
scumfromohio

Drives: 08 White Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Make sure the system is purged of air. A large trapped air bubble could cause that behavior.
After reading this actually sounds like my problem. I just jack up the car take the radiator cap off remove what coolant is in there and start the car and set the heat on high? From what i read.
scumfromohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:44 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by scumfromohio View Post
After reading this actually sounds like my problem. I just jack up the car take the radiator cap off remove what coolant is in there and start the car and set the heat on high? From what i read.
Just remove the cap and run it until the thermostat opens. Then, watch the fluid swirl and keep adding fluid as needed until the bubbles stop.

There is also a small petcock on the back side of the block that you are supposed to open when you initially add fluid to a drained system. If you open that now quite a bit will drain, as it is only about half way up the block, but opening that for a few seconds may help burp it.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:00 AM   #3
scumfromohio

Drives: 08 White Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Just remove the cap and run it until the thermostat opens. Then, watch the fluid swirl and keep adding fluid as needed until the bubbles stop.

There is also a small petcock on the back side of the block that you are supposed to open when you initially add fluid to a drained system. If you open that now quite a bit will drain, as it is only about half way up the block, but opening that for a few seconds may help burp it.
Got a few really big air bubbles out. Test drive a little but hard to tell because my car was warm. I'll be able to tell tomorrow morning for sure. I'm staying hopeful been dealing with this for a few weeks haha.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
scumfromohio is offline   Reply With Quote