Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-19-2008, 12:48 AM   #19
richardholdener

Drives: 2008 Yaris hatch
Can someone let the guys from NST know they did a good job on the u-pulleys and they will be featured in my upcoming book on B-segment performance. It is always nice to test a product that works well.
richardholdener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:50 AM   #20
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Richard, we have a saying here that is quite appropriate... NST FTW

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:39 AM   #21
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardholdener View Post
Can someone let the guys from NST know they did a good job on the u-pulleys and they will be featured in my upcoming book on B-segment performance. It is always nice to test a product that works well.
Mike from NST is on the forum quite often he sure will see this post and chime in.

You should check the other products offered by NSt for the Yaris. Their short shift kit is an inexpensive and yet amazing little mod. Just a little piece of aluminum that it takes 2 minutes to install and it manages to completly change the feel of the gears.

Oh, and they are currently working on a 10% under drive crank pulley for the xD as well.
CASTREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:55 PM   #22
NonStopTuning

Drives: NST CARS: S13 AE86 ANT10 AW11
Quote:

Thank you sir!!! We certainly do appreciate it

As I have said from day one... the gains are there, they are noticeable, and they can be seen accross the entire RPM band. Our own testing has shown this time and time again, and now Richard's testing proves this as well.

Thanks again Mr. Holdener, feel free to look me up if we can be of any assistance for your future projects.

Stay tuned everyone
NonStopTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:24 PM   #23
RagnaCaT
HacKers WanTed!

Drives: Yaris S HB & Yaris S SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NonStopTuning View Post
Stay tuned everyone
I love when they writes that phrase!
Old 11-20-2008, 07:41 PM   #24
NonStopTuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagnaCaT View Post
I love when they writes that phrase!

Stay tuned RagnaCat

Old 11-20-2008, 08:05 PM   #25
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Quote:
Stay tuned RagnaCat
hey Mike,

Do you know that Richard also has a Scion xD and is doing extensive research and testing on that platform...?

I'm sure he will also love a pulley set for that car... !

You know I will....!

J/K not really.

But on a serious note... any updates on the pulleys for the 1.8?
Old 11-21-2008, 01:11 AM   #26
richardholdener

I will be taking the Xd to the track here in Vegas, but a test and tune day won't be available until early jan. I woudl like to have a U-pulley for the Xd by then if possible to help get us over the 150 hp mark (I think long-tube will get uys there but it would be nice to have U-pulley as well (maybe 155 wheel hp)-we then add the nitrous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASTREX View Post
hey Mike,

Do you know that Richard also has a Scion xD and is doing extensive research and testing on that platform...?

I'm sure he will also love a pulley set for that car... !

You know I will....!

J/K not really.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:43 AM   #27
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Quote:
I will be taking the Xd to the track here in Vegas, but a test and tune day won't be available until early jan. I woudl like to have a U-pulley for the Xd by then if possible to help get us over the 150 hp mark (I think long-tube will get uys there but it would be nice to have U-pulley as well (maybe 155 wheel hp)-we then add the nitrous.
Can't wait to hear from your track experience! I know this engine has a lot of potential... it sure is a little sleeper...

Tonight I went to our local "test facility" for a couple of runs with a friend that has been asking for some comparison testing with my car.

He has a 2002 Corolla TS. You don't have that car in the States. Is basically a corolla hatchback with a 1.8L 2ZZ-GE (japan version of the engine on the celica GTS) with 193 hp at the crank, 6 speed and a red line at 8250rpm

Long story short. Two passes. Yaris won by 2 cars in both passes...
By the time the corolla hit the lift @ 6700rpm the Yaris was gone

Next week I have an appointment with an Integra GSR We will see how the Yaris represents then...
Old 11-21-2008, 02:14 PM   #28
NonStopTuning

Quote:

YES

Old 11-21-2008, 06:17 PM   #29
at3GG

Drives: 07 metmet LB
Richard,
is there a time frame of when we can expect this B segment book to be out? I jts flipped through one of yours at the library the other day "How to build Honda horsepower" it was very well done IMO

Konig Heliums 15x6.5 Black
Tanabe Df210's
at3GG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 02:41 AM   #30
richardholdener

The B-segment book will follow the same format-I just finished another B-series Honda book it wll be out before the B-segment book. I will be looking for some data from a few formum members to include in the book. I'll post what info I will need shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by at3GG View Post
Richard,
is there a time frame of when we can expect this B segment book to be out? I jts flipped through one of yours at the library the other day "How to build Honda horsepower" it was very well done IMO
Old 11-22-2008, 02:43 AM   #31
richardholdener

I had an experience with a Civic on the way home from cali-Here rolled up on the freeway with a very loud exhaust but not mch else. We did a few races from 65 mph to 90 mph late night on the freeway and he lost badly to the stock Scion Xd-it said Ex on th back must sure didn't run very hard. Let us know what happens with the GSR

Quote:
Can't wait to hear from your track experience! I know this engine has a lot of potential... it sure is a little sleeper...

Tonight I went to our local "test facility" for a couple of runs with a friend that has been asking for some comparison testing with my car.

He has a 2002 Corolla TS. You don't have that car in the States. Is basically a corolla hatchback with a 1.8L 2ZZ-GE (japan version of the engine on the celica GTS) with 193 hp at the crank, 6 speed and a red line at 8250rpm

Next week I have an appointment with an Integra GSR We will see how the Yaris represents then...
Old 11-22-2008, 02:50 AM   #32
LtNoogie

Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
Richard,

Normally, such public exhibitions of speed would be frowned upon but when it's done in the name of "technical research", we're all ears.
LtNoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 04:45 AM   #33
pinoypizzaboy

Drives: 08 toyota yaris LB
Quote:

don't let that VTEC kick in yo!
man i wish i can take out GSRs with my 1.5 yaris that will be the day
pinoypizzaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 05:12 PM   #34
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
richard, any chance you have a dyno sheet for the pulley (shown in post #1) showing the torque curve as well?
Old 12-12-2008, 05:25 PM   #35
NonStopTuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
richard, any chance you have a dyno sheet for the pulley (shown in post #1) showing the torque curve as well?
Due to the weight reduction and underdriving, the torque curve will show similar gains at all RPM

Old 12-12-2008, 09:11 PM   #36
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
Quote:
Due to the weight reduction and underdriving, the torque curve will show similar gains at all RPM
well, lightweight pulleys wont show anything on a dyno vs rpms....but im still curious to see the tq curve w/ the underdrive pulley...