Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2010, 10:02 PM   #1
jpmck03

Drives: 2018 Volkswagen GTI
I'm No Mechanic.

So, I'm in the process adding fogs to my Yaris, and for a guy that's not too into cars, this is some tough stuff (lame, I know).

For example, this...
Quote:
Remove your front bumper. There are 5x plastic push-pins along the top, 2x plastic push-pins at the end of the bumper at the wheel guard (1 on each side), and 8 screws along the bottom (use your socket wrench with a 10mm socket here to make your life easier).
...sounds easy, but for me, it's quite the undertaking, and as you can see, the bumper is just hanging there, not fully off (I missed a screw... ).

After one hour, the car looks like this, bumper hanging off, fog lights screwed in, wiring half done... but tomorrow's another day, and hopefully I can start up when it's cooler in the morning, versus 70 and humid right now...

All I know is that you guys that can do this stuff with your eye's shut, I've got nothing but !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_5475.jpg (186.8 KB, 322 views)

Last edited by jpmck03; 06-19-2010 at 09:35 AM. Reason: (mods: sorry for putting this in the wrong place.)
jpmck03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diy, foglights, problems