Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-30-2013, 05:51 AM   #19
jRoss

Drives: 2010 5spd sedan
Wow! MI raised the price...5 days before I make my order. Awesome! Now it will be at least 3 weeks before I can afford it!
jRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:26 AM   #20
BEEF

Drives: 2008 yaris 3d
you may want to email them or call them. if it really was that you missed that window by that short of a time, they may work with you.

you never know if you don't try.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:56 AM   #21
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Looks like our sales price timed out (I have to enter dates into the cart for discounts). I'll look into it.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:52 PM   #22
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
just curious how much was the sale price??

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the object. Torque is how far you move that object.."
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:06 PM   #23
BEEF

Drives: 2008 yaris 3d
I thought it was $139 or something....but now you can get black or red. Mine is just silver. I got mine on a black friday deal so it was a touch less. I then waited like 4 months to put it on. That sucked.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:30 PM   #24
NaviLupets

Drives: toyota yaris
how long have u had your pulley installed for? cuz i have been reading a bunch of articles and it says that it will damage your engine. trust i would love to buy that part and install it but I'm looking for more evidence that it wont.
NaviLupets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:32 PM   #25
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Things aren't always what they seem. I've had the NST pulley installed for 5 years with no issues, and a big difference in throttle response. Don't believe me? Pretty cheap to try it out for yourself.

(And pretty straightforward too, thanks to jpmck03)
Old 04-30-2013, 11:36 PM   #26
jpmck03

Drives: 2018 Volkswagen GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaviLupets View Post
how long have u had your pulley installed for? cuz i have been reading a bunch of articles and it says that it will damage your engine. trust i would love to buy that part and install it but I'm looking for more evidence that it wont.
9 months, no problems whatsoever. Only issues I've heard about it is getting the belt at the right tension after installing it (happened to me, too). Not a biggie, the belt squeaks a little and you tighten it up!

NST made a similar version of this pulley back in the day, people have run them for tens of thousands of miles without any issues. The MI one is a bit better from a build point of view, so you should be good to go for the life of your Yaris.

Edit: What tk-421 said!

Last edited by jpmck03; 05-02-2013 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Clarification
jpmck03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:39 AM   #27
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
90k miles, improved engine response, less gear hunting in the automatic when climbing hills, improved MPG and ZERO issues. I'm using the nst version and can say without a doubt a very worthwhile and noticeable modification. Laws of physics apply here, less rotational mass!
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:56 PM   #28
marcus
toyota

now with all this discussion i now have the urge to get one.. awaiting for sale price garm.;)

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the object. Torque is how far you move that object.."
Old 05-01-2013, 11:35 PM   #29
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Alright I let this go on long enough and cleaned it up. If the newb can't understand the simple laws of physics and rotational mass (and that you can't even see the crank pulley, so there goes the decoration theory) there is no use arguing. This is a simple DIY write up on installing a new pulley, not a debate of opinion which ignores physics, science, and facts.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:43 AM   #30
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
awaiting for sale price garm.;)
It's baaack....
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:12 AM   #31
jRoss

My brother and I had this argument for a few hours today. My point was that it would help me merge onto the highway a bit easier, especially with all the uphill on ramps around here. He argued it would only help with high rpms, like 5k+... Idk I just think its worth a try, since I'm revving high to merge anyway. Plus I just like working on cars and fresh car parts ;)
Old 05-02-2013, 03:13 AM   #32
jRoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
It's baaack....
My man! (Denzel Washington voice)
Old 05-02-2013, 11:42 AM   #33
marcus
toyota

Quote:
It's baaack....
sweet.. hope this will be running for atleast 2 weeks..just curious if you still sell the projector lense kits i dont need hids just the proj lense kit and how much.

Old 05-02-2013, 11:47 AM   #34
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

^ If you mean to retrofit your headlights, it's a kit-in-a-box and only sold that way.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:07 PM   #35
marcus
toyota

Quote:
^ If you mean to retrofit your headlights, it's a kit-in-a-box and only sold that way.
pm'ed..

Old 12-09-2013, 05:30 PM   #36
CharlieBravo

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Just installed mine, but quick question:

Do you need to reset the ECM after the install? I'm thinking yea.......
CharlieBravo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diy, light weight, microimage, pdf, pulley