Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-20-2008, 03:03 PM   #1
sanityassassinv2
The poison in your poison

Drives: 2008 Black Liftback MT
UPDATE:

The lady from SET called back and basically said there was nothing she could do and referred me to the national Toyota office. Ironically, I already dealt with them two months ago and they said there was nothing that they could do--same goes for the dealership (who also said that there was nothing that could do.)

This is f*!king ridiculous! No one will accept accountability so I guess my only option is to file suit in small claims court…something I know nothing about and have never done. This is a matter of principle here and I am pissed off on so many levels right now. F*!k the f*!king f*!kers!

Last edited by echo_hrs; 10-20-2008 at 04:40 PM. Reason: language
sanityassassinv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:38 PM   #2
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanityassassinv2 View Post
UPDATE:

The lady from SET called back and basically said there was nothing she could do and referred me to the national Toyota office. Ironically, I already dealt with them two months ago and they said there was nothing that they could do--same goes for the dealership (who also said that there was nothing that could do.)

This is f*!king ridiculous! No one will accept accountability so I guess my only option is to file suit in small claims court…something I know nothing about and have never done. This is a matter of principle here and I am pissed off on so many levels right now. F*!k the f*!king f*!kers!

first of all SET is really just the port where PRE-ordered accessories(when you sit down with salesaman) are installed. they DO NOT install AFTERMARKET items such as your audiovox radio and orange/white lights(possible amber). PLUS for you to think or even be told that its their fault is crazy........
i suggest you contact 1-800-331-4331 and tell them you problem. make sure you have dealer's information such as name and address.

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........

Last edited by echo_hrs; 10-20-2008 at 04:42 PM. Reason: language
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:46 PM   #3
sanityassassinv2
The poison in your poison

Drives: 2008 Black Liftback MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKLAND TOYOTA View Post
first of all SET is really just the port where PRE-ordered accessories(when you sit down with salesaman) are installed. they DO NOT install AFTERMARKET items such as your audiovox radio and orange/white lights(possible amber). PLUS for you to think or even be told that its their fault is crazy........
I hope I’m not coming off as a complete jerk but you are completely wrong! The options I am referring to were installed by SET, hence they reason they are listed on my sticker as “distributor installed options” (not factory or dealer installed options.) As you can see from the sticker below, they did in fact install the stereo and lights in question. If you don’t believe the sticker, you can visit their website and “build a car” yourself where you will see that these are their options installed at SET. The Audiovox radio is option RA2 and the lights are IL1.

While I am not saying it is wholly SET’s fault (the dealer shares blame as well), it is certainly not my fault. Unfortunately, as you suggested, I have already contacted 1-800-331-4331—that was the first thing I did almost two months ago. Their answer: they could do nothing and that was up to SET or my dealer to make things right. Now maybe you are seeing my frustration?

Here are the photos from SET’s website (http://www.setbuyatoyota.com/) of the options I ordered compared to what I received. By the way, the way options work is this: certain options are built into the car at the factory (fog lights and rear defrosters are examples of this.) The Yaris also ships from the factory with an “audio prep package” which basically includes the wiring and speakers to support a radio install. In the case of SET, the vehicle comes into port at Jacksonville, FL and is processed—at this point distributor options are installed such as radios, interior lights, mats, etc. These distributor options can also be purchased by a dealer for dealer install (which might be where your confusion lays.) If you still don’t believe me, here is the phone number for SET Distributor Installed Options (1-800-301-6859.) If you STILL don't believe me, I was at the dealer when the car came off of the truck from SET with all of these options--the dealer did not install anything.

Now that we have established that I know what the f*ck I am talking about, I return the thread to anyone that has any “useful” suggestions about how to deal with this problem.
Attached Images

Last edited by sanityassassinv2; 10-20-2008 at 05:01 PM.
sanityassassinv2 is offline   Reply With Quote