Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-22-2011, 07:28 PM   #1
Trubin

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Cool Secret Weapon, Weapon R Intake

I always wanted to do some small performance modification mod tot he Car.I've been thinking about it for a while and once the timing was right I did some research and decided to order a SW Weapon R intake. I know Some people have been claiming that a Foam filter is worse then Paper, but after looking it to some specs that got my attention such as 300 pores per s inch vs 60 pores of K&N or AEM SW proved to be more interesting, i purchased it with shipping for $170 bucks from ebay. waited for a Saturday morning to install it. The whole installation proses wasn't too hard after getting some helpful tips from my dad such as putting additional sealant between the tube and MAF sensor i went on and got the job done in one cold morning.
here are some pics of the intake:

removing the stock air filter,

The brackets that they gave me weren't exactly the right size but after some modifications I got them connected to that bottom hole and attached it it with a provided clamp.

It does look pretty dam sweet i got to admit even thought it looks mostly hidden. After installing It I herd a difference in the sound while driving, and the power gain is slightly noticeable too. Ill post some pics later on if it has any changes toward my MPG.

Last edited by Trubin; 01-23-2011 at 04:27 PM.
Trubin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:30 PM   #2
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
good God man learn how to resize pics!! lol

Glad it went well for you. Someday I will do the same for mine.
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:38 PM   #3
Trubin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinare View Post
good God man learn how to resize pics!! lol

Glad it went well for you. Someday I will do the same for mine.
lol yea ill try to rezise,
Old 01-22-2011, 09:47 PM   #4
xbgod
Banned

Drives: "Burning It Down GTX2860RS XB"
Holly shit "Hellen Keller"
xbgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:21 PM   #5
Trubin

here is a better pic of how it looks like, I got to clean my car once the snow is gone.

Here is a pic of my MPG calculation for the week before I put my intake, next week ill post new calculations.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:41 PM   #6
bail_w

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris LB
Maybe a CAI perhaps might gave you a better MPG than 30.
bail_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:46 PM   #7
matthewai

Drives: it is kinda stock
does anyone know if this intake would fit on a 2010 sedan and where to get one ive looked with no real luck thanks .> i like the sound of it from a youtube vid i searched for i guess my other options are the afe or the aem cai i just want one that sounds nice
matthewai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:00 PM   #8
big lo

Drives: 2007 VIOS
^sure it would fit with no problem at all, but me personaly I like the SRI intake, but the weapon R looks great too good job
big lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:47 AM   #9
matthewai

i think im prob gonna end up going with the afe i hear good things about it how is the sound though is it deep enough to notice a difference?
Old 01-27-2011, 06:10 PM   #10
Trubin

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewai View Post
i think im prob gonna end up going with the afe i hear good things about it how is the sound though is it deep enough to notice a difference?
I hear a difference with my Wepon R. there is definitely has more "Wroom" over the stock air filter it sounds more natural, I don't know about other intakes, they could be better just want to say that I am pretty happy with mine so far.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:14 PM   #11
matthewai

yeah i know what u mean im think im getting an exhaust first so im gonna hold off on an intake for a little bit itll give me time to think about which one

i know some people in bk how was the snow out there its pretty bad on li
Old 01-28-2011, 10:12 AM   #12
Trubin

I was thinking of an exhaust next too. and maybe new lowered springs next. Was loking into some kool sounds that exhaust make.
The snow how ever... oh god, don't ask yesterday morning was an adventure just getting to work. Luckily my yaris pulled through. my dad helped me get out of the garage and a tractor helped me make a parkign spot at work.

My dad didn't go to work so he helped me get the car out of the garage. Thx dad.

but the roads were pretty good not that many cars on the road and no surprisingly no traffic.

Though when I got to work i could find a parkign spot so i asked the ware house across the street with a tractor to bulldoze me a parkign spot, lol his shovel was as big as the yaris. thx guys over at Marly

in soviet Russia We dig our way to work

hehe, hopefully you liked my little adventure as much as I did, a little exercise in the morning helps you work during the day. :)
Old 01-28-2011, 04:02 PM   #13
matthewai

oh jesus at least it wasnt to bad
Old 08-05-2011, 11:14 AM   #14
Spidermandud

Drives: Black '08 Yaris Hatch S
How's this been working out for you?