Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-08-2009, 02:48 AM   #397
NonStopTuning

Drives: NST CARS: S13 AE86 ANT10 AW11
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
any comment from NST?
I'm not quite sure what type of comment would be warranted here.

Unfortunately we have never tested with any Yaris that did not have a/c. And as far as I can tell, you are our first ever customer to use one of these pulleys on a Yaris that has no a/c.

Based on past experiences with other cars I can see how you may need a slightly shorter belt with your setup and it sounds like you have found your solution.

Buying a new belt is a small price to pay in exchange for picking up a few extra ponies

Any other owners out there running around with no a/c, please feel free to comment.

NonStopTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:38 AM   #398
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
Quote:
Originally Posted by NonStopTuning View Post

Unfortunately we have never tested with any Yaris that did not have a/c. And as far as I can tell, you are our first ever customer to use one of these pulleys on a Yaris that has no a/c.

Based on past experiences with other cars I can see how you may need a slightly shorter belt with your setup and it sounds like you have found your solution.

Buying a new belt is a small price to pay in exchange for picking up a few extra ponies

Any other owners out there running around with no a/c, please feel free to comment.

i was just hoping it could be noted somewhere that a new belt is req'd if you don't have a/c

i realize it wont come up too often, but itll save a lot of running around for someone doing the next install
Old 04-10-2009, 11:07 PM   #399
xbalance

Drives: stock
guys do any of you all notice the engine Vibration increase abit after install pulley set?

Most easy notice is during idle time...
xbalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 03:35 PM   #400
AznGouki
Metsu

Drives: NCP91 ; E36
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
i was just hoping it could be noted somewhere that a new belt is req'd if you don't have a/c

i realize it wont come up too often, but itll save a lot of running around for someone doing the next install
You're not alone. I'm planning on getting the pullies soon and I don't have AC. I'm glad I popped over to this thread first.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:51 PM   #401
NonStopTuning

Drives: NST CARS: S13 AE86 ANT10 AW11
Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisSedan View Post
So I drive pretty spiritedly. I used to get about 35-36 mpg when i used to do a mostly freeway commute. Now because of my new job i drive in stop and go traffic to and from work. And usually get 29-31 depending on how i drive.

I would assume with the NST pulley since it is lighter and less rotational mass one who does more stop and go driving would benefit more from it than someone who does mostly longer consistant speed commute. Since it requires less power from a stop to go than it does to keep at a constant rotational higher speed.

And my last tank jumped to 35mpg. The most i ever got for months. I am hoping its not a fluke as there are many variables. But im awaiting to post my results again the next fuel up. If its the same than the pulley will pay itself of in fuel ecnomy alone especially if gas prices rise. I drive very aggresively so i can imagine if i backed off the throttle a bit i would get even better results. I hit redline on a daily basis.

NonStopTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:31 AM   #402
hatchbackkid82

Drives: .
Just installed mine yesterday...nice improvement all through the power band. Noticeable at top end

Last edited by hatchbackkid82; 04-13-2009 at 12:47 PM.
hatchbackkid82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:24 AM   #403
gmodder
Riceman43

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3door
bump
gmodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:21 AM   #404
Klinton

Drives: 2009 Yaris sedan Flint Mica
mines going in soon im pumped!

205/45/17 Nittos/ KN tyhoon 69 intake
EURO areo muffler / DF 210 Springs
NST 10% Pulley/ 15% tint
600watt rockford punch 12" subs and amp
micro image rocks!
Klinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:52 PM   #405
Deltasix

Drives: '07 Liftback: Work in Progress
Send a message via AIM to Deltasix
Installed mine a few weeks ago, certainly can feel a bit more response on the lower end (went with the underdrive pulley). Noticed a bit better fuel mileage than before, not a drastic change or anything of the like, but anything is appreciated!
Old 04-20-2009, 04:37 PM   #406
gmodder
Riceman43

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3door
Got my set installed Friday...Definetly a nice improvement...Iam also seeing better gas mileage. Engine is just as smooth as before if not better....

As far as the performance. Well my heavy ass 17" wheels are kind of killing that..LMAO..
gmodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:39 PM   #407
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
I'll note this for my store - Do you know the part number of the shorter belt that worked?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 05:23 PM   #408
Klinton

Drives: 2009 Yaris sedan Flint Mica
i just finished putting mine in its sweet thanks micro image again for being great

205/45/17 Nittos/ KN tyhoon 69 intake
EURO areo muffler / DF 210 Springs
NST 10% Pulley/ 15% tint
600watt rockford punch 12" subs and amp
micro image rocks!
Klinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:50 PM   #409
eii
Rides canyon walls

Drives: 1988 RX7 FC 10th AE
I ordered one from garm last week, its coming in a couple of hours. I killed some time by getting off the stock crank pulley manually with no impact wrench and well....I must be the strongest guy on YW cause that has got to be the easiest thing I've done on my car. I literally did it while lying on my back...ha! All the bolts were super easy for me to get off, that or my car didnt come out of the factory with the bolts torqued properly, lol. First time I've really been excited to see the weird UPS delivery guy. I'll post pix soon!

EDIT:

4 hours later ups arrives...then install! I havent gone to bed yet so I was too tire for pix, sorry. Anyways heres what happened when I first got in the car...

First thing I noticed was the idle was almost unoticeable. It felt as if my car wasnt even running. Definitely a lot quieter too, it was scary at first haha. Throttle is more responsive, the shifts are so clean and smooth in my auto. Power increase within the mid range, hrm...need to drive more tomorrow to see more...hehe.

Thanks NST, garm, and chinocharles' diy.

OEM Style Wing Spoiler | TRD Axle-Back Exhaust | Megan Lowering Springs (1.5 f/r) | Simota Carbon Charger Intake | Python 871XP Alarm System | Aluminum Sports Pedal | 17x7 +42mm Enkei J10 Black w/ Silver Lip | 205/40 Falken Ziex-912 | NST Lite Crank Pulley Red | 1ZZ-FE Throttle Body | AMK Racing Header

Last edited by eii; 04-27-2009 at 09:24 PM.
eii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:02 AM   #410
d1nzfe

Drives: 1NZ-FE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NonStopTuning View Post

Please check your PM.
d1nzfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:52 AM   #411
schleppy
I love momentum.

Drives: 2009 Yaris LB, Red
Send a message via AIM to schleppy
So did anyone see any HP gains with just the light crank pulley (not underdriven), and the OEM WP and Alt pulleys?

Thanks!
schleppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:16 AM   #412
suiller

Drives: Yaris Sol 1.3 dual VVTi 101hp
sorry to bore here again... but I've not understood if this pulley will fit on new 09 yaris too (model 2009, 1.33 dual VVTi)

someone is able to give me a definitive response?? thx

regards,
davide

1. full ZX1 additive treatment: oil + cooler + fuel
2. NB treatment: motor oil
3. K&N panel air filter (part num. 33-2211)
4. Fuchs Silkolene Pro SRG 75 gear oil (the best!)
5. UltraRacing 19mm rear sway bar
suiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:09 PM   #413
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Quote:
Originally Posted by schleppy View Post
So did anyone see any HP gains with just the light crank pulley (not underdriven), and the OEM WP and Alt pulleys?

Thanks!

Really, the lite pulley frees up HP from the crank that would otherwise be wasted moving a considerably heavier pulley. Seriously, you could use the stock pulley as a boat anchor (albeit on a very small personal boat, but still you get the idea.) Also a plus on the automatic is it helps resolve "gear hunting" up hills.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:29 AM   #414
eii
Rides canyon walls

Drives: 1988 RX7 FC 10th AE
Quote:
Originally Posted by schleppy View Post

Thanks!
I have JUST the light crank pulley and it made a world of a difference. I had the battery disconnected while I was working on the pulley and some electrical stuff so I guess it took the ECU a couple of day to 'learn' the new revs. Theres a definite increase in power all throughout the power range. I could only imagine the addition of the WP and ALT will increase power even more. Honestly just the difference you feel at idle and shifting is worth it, I just consider the HP a cool bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
Really, the lite pulley frees up HP from the crank that would otherwise be wasted moving a considerably heavier pulley. Seriously, you could use the stock pulley as a boat anchor (albeit on a very small personal boat, but still you get the idea.) Also a plus on the automatic is it helps resolve "gear hunting" up hills.
The stock pulley is way heavier than the NST one. I was playing with the stock one earlier today and dropped it on my foot...OW...

I did notice on my auto sedan when going up a hill it didnt do that stupid gear hunting .

OEM Style Wing Spoiler | TRD Axle-Back Exhaust | Megan Lowering Springs (1.5 f/r) | Simota Carbon Charger Intake | Python 871XP Alarm System | Aluminum Sports Pedal | 17x7 +42mm Enkei J10 Black w/ Silver Lip | 205/40 Falken Ziex-912 | NST Lite Crank Pulley Red | 1ZZ-FE Throttle Body | AMK Racing Header
eii is offline   Reply With Quote