Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2007, 10:12 PM   #1
aznbabiegrlx0x0
CONNiE

Drives: 07 yaris liftback meteorite
RS SPOILER ... SAD

i got the rs spoiler from ebay from critical a few weeks ago. and i called toyota to make an appointment for them to paint it and then install it for me. they estimated it to be around $185 for paint & installation. so i went in today and the estimator and the assistant manager n like 4 other body shop staff ppl told me that they can't install it. #1 it's too risky. #2 the plastic that the spoiler is made of might crack and the whole spoiler will fall off or come flying off if i drive too fast (LOL!!) #3 they couldn't install it and warrantee the installation (because it is too risky?) they also said that the metal part where the spoiler is drilled into the top of the hood might start cracking and then it might crack to the rear window and mess up the window. omg... i've seen people on yarisworld with this spoiler installed. and there hasn't been any problems right? what do you guys think? should i just get it painted at toyota and get it installed at a body shop? ahhhh. im so sad. i was so excited to get this spoiler installed... and i bought it already. so. I DUNO. HELP PLEASE :[
aznbabiegrlx0x0 is offline   Reply With Quote