Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2016, 12:36 PM   #1
Jesper M
Jesper M

Drives: Toyota Yaris Verso 1.3
Have: A very fine Yaris Verso ... with a slight fuel smell issue.

Hi Yaris forums,

I'm a pleased new owner of a Toyota Yaris Verso (the high cabin version) 1999 model which otherwise works fine but has a slight issue with a bit of fuel smell inside the cabin. I hope someone here may be able to help with this ...

I've recently had a mechanic look at it but he could not find any indication that the fuel line was leaking - and so I wonder what it may be

I've looked into Haynes' Yaris' Service and Repair Manual and what appears as a possibility is the charcoal canister ... but apparently not being entirely simple to deal with (I'm not a skilled mechanic) I hope there may be other more likely reasons that are more accessible to check and possibly repair.

As it is there are no fault messages in the dash board and it went through the latest MOT test in november 2015 without any issues (by previous owner, though, and I have not been able to make contact with this person).

Might some of you here in this forum have experience with this - and have a suggestion as to what may cause this?

Cheers & thanks for any help

Jesper M
Jesper M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel smell, repair, yaris verso