Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

View Poll Results: 60K service due on Yaris 2007
Take it to a Toyota dealership, they know what to do 19 44.19%
Take it to the guy around the corner, he's probably more honest 17 39.53%
Doesn't matter, it's all the same 7 16.28%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2009, 03:57 PM   #1
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Question 60K Service by Dealer or Independent Mechanic?

My cute little Yaris LB is getting close to needing her 60 K miles service (still works like clockwork, as far as I can tell! )

Since I bought the Yaris at a Toyota dealership about 50 miles from my home, I decided to look into the Toyota dealerships closer to my home instead, for service.

But when looking at the reviews for the various Toyota dealerships on Yelp.com , I saw that people complained quite a bit about the service they at the various Toyota dealerships (including the one I bought the car from) and frankly, it's a bit scary.

I know you can't take everything people say at face value, but on the other hand, there is no smoke without fire either, and all these people cannot be entirely wrong.

So, I was thinking. There is a small shop not too far from me who has a really good reputation dealing with foreign cars, and perhaps he could do the 60K service for me instead of going to Toyota?

What do you guys think?

Pros and cons of taking the car for service at the Toyota dealership, anyone?

(At 60K, I'm obviously out of the intial manufacturer warranty but I still have powertrain warranty for a little while, if that matters).

Thank you for all the input.