Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-22-2011, 07:01 PM   #1
Nixk

Drives: blue 2001 echo
Send a message via MSN to Nixk
need help

hey, my name is Nick, i have a 01 echo(platz)turbo(since this morning),,, im new on this forum. i have a little problem with my car. i started tha car this afternoon for the first time and it is rough idling and when i press the gaz its like nothing happening but sudently it goes....... then nothing.... then go etc...my MAF it next the TB then BOV to IC to turbo. my wideband indicate about 17 afr at idle witch i dont think is normal with my 1zz injectors, anybody had this problem??
btw i have a FIC not plugged yet, i dont think its supossed to run like this even without the fic cuz as a read in the others threads the engine should run normaly but a little lean.
hope you understand what i mean

sorry for my poor english i speak french

thank you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8082.JPG (213.0 KB, 115 views)
Nixk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:13 PM   #2
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
what turbo? internal gate? psi?

more pictures, with location of BOV. Intercooler?

All connections, vacuum etc. checked and rechecked?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:39 PM   #3
Nixk

turbo garrett t2560r internal wastegate, i dont think the turbo is the problem, sounds like misfire i can feel it when im in the car at idle, ill post some pictures in few minutes, thanks for helping me
Old 04-22-2011, 07:48 PM   #4
Nixk

ok here are the pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8088.jpg (89.7 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8090.jpg (79.4 KB, 114 views)

Last edited by Nixk; 04-22-2011 at 10:10 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:24 PM   #5
haschel

Drives: Yaris 5 doors
Check your Pm nixk ;)
haschel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:12 PM   #6
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
Quote:
sudently it goes....... then nothing.... then go etc
SO is it rev hunting? Did you have the FIC installed prior to the turbo (and tried starting the car)? I assume you're using the bypass plug?
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 06:36 AM   #7
Nixk

no the fic is not installed yet, i thought it would work without it. as i can read in some of your post,,the first time you started it without your fic right?
someone told me that it is normal for an engine to skip like mine does when the afr is really lean, i noticed that the first seconds i start, the car its about 15afr and its runing pretty much normal til it get to 17. i plan to install the fic today i hope i wont have this issue again, i will use your fuel map you shared on your thread i dont think its gonna be perfect but it cant be worse, anyway ill work on it later... and ill clamp my MAF asap.

What is rev hunting?
Old 04-24-2011, 09:22 PM   #8
Focus_Sh1ft

Alright you're confusing me... Is the FIC installed and you're using the bypass plug? Even with the bypass plug, if you wired it incorrectly it can cause issues.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:39 PM   #9
Nixk

its not installed
Old 04-24-2011, 09:53 PM   #10
Focus_Sh1ft

Try unplugging the AFR sensor and see where your AFRs end up.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:13 PM   #11
Nixk

yahoooo,,, this morning i wired up my fic then i made a fuel map in 1 minute and it works lol :D well,, its not perfect but it works and my afr went back down to 14-15 at idle... and about 11 in wot,,,, i will work my map tomorrow and ill make some datalogging, i have only 2 TDC one for my power steering pump and the other one for the maf, ill clamp it tomorrow. i only have one problem and its my oil return gasket leaking but its not that bad. :)

hey focus, did you ''play'' with your cam sensor yet? or you only run the fuel map and the maf??
Old 04-25-2011, 07:37 PM   #12
Nixk

here is my second vid :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfnWIelpS3M
Old 05-14-2011, 04:10 PM   #13
Nixk

ok, it been 3 weeks i didnt post here, my car was fine til today,,, ok im
lying, i have another problem and i need some help please.
my car runs soooo rich, when im idling its not that bad but when i press the pedal the car doesnt accelerate til the boost come. I made some datalogging and i see the part when it does that. I wanted to change values in this range but i cant because it is already 0.8 on my fuel map.i run the car open loop (without o2) and i was wondering,,, it is still a lil cold here, right now its about 6degrees outside, do you think the IAT could cause this issue?

My injectors are 1zzfe and im using the FIC
thanks for helping me
Old 05-14-2011, 08:48 PM   #14
Focus_Sh1ft

Quote:
it is still a lil cold here
There's your problem.

What I do (since you can't use 0 or negative values in the fuel map) is put a maf clamp over the entire map. I think I have my MAF map set to MAP load and percent. This allows you to lean out the entire map. Then, you can richen the entire map (duty cycle percent in the fuel map) back to where you want it to be.

Oh also - you're going to need a substantial maf clamp. The ECU is richening the mix because the IAT is cold, but remember - it thinks you have 1NZ injectors, when in actuality you have 1ZZ.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:28 PM   #15
Nixk

thanks for your help
what is a substential maf clamp?
i though i clamped my maf but when i made some datalogging, i realized my maf in and maf out were still increasing more than the value i put in my maf map, may be i didnt wire it the right way. Can you explain how you clamped your maf map? and how i can lean out the entire map without going below 0. I am not sure i understand
Old 05-15-2011, 12:04 PM   #16
pimp my yaris
C'est la vie

Drives: 2009 2 door hatchback
When I first installed my 2azfe injectors I had similar problem. You will need to run negative numbers in your map, when runing without boost. I am at -28% in my fic map. you will need to experament a little to see what runs best with your injectors. Do you have a wideband o2 sensor? Its a great help when tuning. I tune for 14:1 afr when driving normal and 11.5:1 when in the boost.
pimp my yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:31 PM   #17
Nixk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimp my yaris View Post
Do you have a wideband o2 sensor? Its a great help when tuning. I tune for 14:1 afr when driving normal and 11.5:1 when in the boost.
i have a wideband, and i tried to put some negative values in my map and my car didnt take it i had to stop on the side and undo the changes i made
Old 05-15-2011, 06:15 PM   #18
pimp my yaris
C'est la vie

Drives: 2009 2 door hatchback
I started making adjustments only at the two boxes on the map graph where my car idles. In the lower left hand corner of my fuel map.I started making small adjustments with negative percentages until I had a idle about 14:1 afr. Then I used that percentage for the entire bottom of my map from 15psi load and under. I used a positive number at the top of my map. I think its set at 60% now. And U can use the software to make the map linear by highlighting all the boxes between the top of the map and the 15 psi line and then right click on the mouse and press calculate. If you have your guage screen open and your fuel map open their will be a green box on your fuel map that shows the exact spot in the map where your engine is running in live time. Make small changes. I usually change 5% at a time until I get the afr I want.
pimp my yaris is offline   Reply With Quote