Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Area > Micro Image
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-13-2008, 12:04 AM   #37
m911gt
Carless in Chicago

Drives: 08 Blk LB
Hmm, I couldn't find a place to bolt that bracket into place...I assumed I didn't have the mounting point since I changed my headlights.

Some say that he is the secret love child of Ferrari and Porsche, and others say that he would lap James May twice in a 1/4 mile drag race. All we know is that he is called The Stig.
m911gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 12:14 AM   #38
LtNoogie

Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
There's a bolt coming from the other side of the painted flange. It does not attach to anything. Shine a flashlight into that spot and you might see it. Otherwise, you might have a hole there where you can send a bolt through and connect to the aFe box.

Did you end up with extra hardware? I've got a bunch.

Sorry to hijack the thread Garm.
LtNoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 12:23 AM   #39
m911gt
Carless in Chicago

Drives: 08 Blk LB
I ended up with one extra bolt and nut...that's it.

Some say that he is the secret love child of Ferrari and Porsche, and others say that he would lap James May twice in a 1/4 mile drag race. All we know is that he is called The Stig.
m911gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 12:51 PM   #40
DFA
Compulsive Washer

Drives: 08' AT Meteorite Metallic LB
Send a message via MSN to DFA
Will it work with a 1.3 LB?

DFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 12:53 PM   #41
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
First thing to do is look at the installed pictures on here and see if it's a match visually.
I don't have a 1.3L with which to attempt an installation.

Then if you need a specific measurement to make sure, post up the question.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:49 PM   #42
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFA View Post
Will it work with a 1.3 LB?
If your 1.3 is a 2nzfe engine then yes it will.
i will be putting an AFE intake, on my 1.3 in the new year.
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:32 PM   #43
mrbond

Drives: 2008 meteorite hatchback
Send a message via AIM to mrbond
Just installed the aFe cai I ordered from Garm in my liftback this morning. What a HUGE difference this thing makes! I love the sound of it with my Blitz axle-back. I had this big stupid grin on my face every time I took off, the sound was so sweet.
mrbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 11:03 PM   #44
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

ooh nice, and thank you for your (repeat!) business mrbond!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:18 PM   #45
mrbond

Drives: 2008 meteorite hatchback
Send a message via AIM to mrbond
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
ooh nice, and thank you for your (repeat!) business mrbond!
haha, no problem. soon's january comes around, i'll be visiting your store yet again
lol, just a heads up
mrbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:31 PM   #46
MPC Motorsports

Drives: 2008 Yaris S Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisSedan View Post
Does anyone know if this will fit on a sedan. Or have a pic of one installed. I been looking to purchase one of these for months but didnt want to be guinea pig
I believe I was the very first YW member to install this intake on their Yaris nearly a year ago. And, yes, I have a sedan.

It took all of an hour to install. Great sound and can feel the HP gain in the ol' butt dyno.
MPC Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:12 AM   #47
*MAD DOG*

Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
Garm,

I've installed the NST CR Lite Crank Pulley. First real engine mod i've ever done. I've been bitten by the mod bug. I'm thinking about one of these Afe thingys. Will it fit in an Australian Yaris? How much would shipping be to 3153 Bayswater Victoria Australia?

Will I get a CEL or have any issues that will cause a CEL if I get one of these installed? Has any other Aussies bought and installed one of these? I know 1NZYaris1 has installed one over in New Zealand on his 1.3 litre, but I have the 1.5 litre.

Oh and the most important question yet. Do you have any in stock?

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:35 AM   #48
ruimond

Drives: Yaris YR
Quote:
Originally Posted by *MAD DOG* View Post
Garm,

I've installed the NST CR Lite Crank Pulley. First real engine mod i've ever done. I've been bitten by the mod bug. I'm thinking about one of these Afe thingys. Will it fit in an Australian Yaris? How much would shipping be to 3153 Bayswater Victoria Australia?

Will I get a CEL or have any issues that will cause a CEL if I get one of these installed? Has any other Aussies bought and installed one of these? I know 1NZYaris1 has installed one over in New Zealand on his 1.3 litre, but I have the 1.5 litre.

Oh and the most important question yet. Do you have any in stock?
I have it on my 2NZ-FE 1.3 too and there's no fitment problems or nor will you get a CEL. Unless you install it wrongly.

I know someone in Perth who has the YRX and it fits perfectly with no problems as well. "spookz" from Sydney has it on his YRS too.

So yeah don't have to worry about any issues.

Mods: 17x7 ANZ Tazer Wheels with 215/40/17 Marangoni Tyres | AFE Air Intake System | NST Short Shifter Kit | NST Shifter Cable Bushing Kit | NST 10% Underdrive Crank Pulley | Pedders Sports Springs | Custom 2inch Cat-Back Walker Muffler with 2.5inch Xforce Twin Stainless Steel Tip | RS Side Skirts | RS Euro Spoiler | YRX Front Lip Spoiler | TRD Style Front Grill | 12mm Rear Hub Spacers | Ultra Racing 23mm Rear Sway Bar
ruimond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:46 AM   #49
Kiz

Drives: '06 Yaris Hatch and TT 300ZX
I want one too, PM sent!

'06 LB 2NZ-FE w/ NST crank pulley "No RWKW" | '89 2+2 VG30DETT Z32 300ZX "Lots RWKW" ;)
Kiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:50 AM   #50
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

They are in stock. Mad Dog, you shouldn't have any problems. The most common installation error is not getting the MAF sensor seated and (gently) installed into place. Otherwise, it's more or less just bigger tubing and a nice filter.

USPS Priority Mail to AUS is about $50, more or less. I think you know our procedure for minimizing any taxes/duties/fees.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:20 PM   #51
*MAD DOG*

Quote:
They are in stock. Mad Dog, you shouldn't have any problems. The most common installation error is not getting the MAF sensor seated and (gently) installed into place. Otherwise, it's more or less just bigger tubing and a nice filter.

USPS Priority Mail to AUS is about $50, more or less. I think you know our procedure for minimizing any taxes/duties/fees.
I know a good way of saving a bit on the shipping. My wife is coming over to US (Anaheim CA) in Nov-Dec this year. I could buy one then and get you to ship it to her hotel and she could bring it back as baggage.

I did this last time with the cruise control I bought from Sparks Toyota, except I got my sister to bring it back :)

How big is one of these things in the box you would ship it in (dimensions)? How much would it weigh? I think i'll savor the NST Crank Pulley Lite for a while before my next mod. But come November i'm sure i'll be itching again for more power.

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Old 02-10-2010, 01:21 PM   #52
*MAD DOG*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruimond View Post
I have it on my 2NZ-FE 1.3 too and there's no fitment problems or nor will you get a CEL. Unless you install it wrongly.

I know someone in Perth who has the YRX and it fits perfectly with no problems as well. "spookz" from Sydney has it on his YRS too.

So yeah don't have to worry about any issues.
Thanks for the info ruimond

Old 02-10-2010, 04:46 PM   #53
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Mad Dog, happy to ship to her while she's here.

the AFE box is 15x13x13, but there is a lot of space in there.

it's really the airbox, filter and a couple of tubes. I would probably break it down and fit it into luggage.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:28 PM   #54
*MAD DOG*

Quote:
....the AFE box is 15x13x13, but there is a lot of space in there.....
15x13x13 what? Inches, Centimeters, Millimeters, Nanometers, Furlongs, Miles, Kilometers, Cubits, Hands, Nautical Miles????

Oh and the approx weight too please.