Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-11-2011, 01:37 AM   #1
heeroyuy01195
Post count means nothing.

Drives: AW11, NCP91, Old Motorcycles
I've been dealing with nitrous for years (since 2001). The number one thing that you will need before you even purchase the nitrous kit is an AEM wideband O2. Install that first and check where your fuel ratio actually is. Safest way to run nitrous is with a wet system, the dry system will hit harder but this setup is usually the cause of all the horror stories you hear from people. People spray too much nitrous without the appropriate fuel and then everything goes boom. Start out small with a 50 shot jet and work your way up. Just be sure to monitor your air/fuel gauge and be sure that you have enough fuel before you up the jets.

My friend has a tC and we've been told countless times on numerous forums and from many people in person that the motor can't handle more than a 75 shot. We started out with the 75, saw that we had enough fuel, took it to 100, saw we still had enough fuel, jumped to 150, still had enough fuel, now we're at 200. If we run 110 octane we can go further but that stuff isn't cheap lol. We only run the car on 93 octane unless we have a big race.

Just make sure that you monitor your gauge while you're spraying. Also, you can safely run one jet lower on the fuel than the nitrous. If you buy a kit it will give you recommended jet sizes for each shot, you can safely run a 50 shot nitrous jet with the 35 shot fuel jet (I forgot the actual jet numbers and such, sorry). NX has the most complete kit if you want something relatively plug and play. Not sure what they have for the Yaris, you may just have to figure out the fuel fittings and such but everything is "should" work pretty straightforward.

I believe "blacksandiegovitz" is running a nitrous setup currently, you might want to get a hold of him for better/reliable information on safety levels for the Yaris. Let us know how it all works out for you if you end up running nitrous.
heeroyuy01195 is offline   Reply With Quote