Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-16-2010, 04:54 PM   #1
Rich k

Drives: 07 3dr white Yaris 5spd stock
Send a message via AIM to Rich k
Creaky clutching

Ok, so I used the forum to stop the annoying shifting squeak a few months back and now as of the past 2 weeks the clutch has begun to creak when depressed. It occurrs in the lower end of the pedal's travel weather or not the engine is on or off. With the engine off and the e brake on I manually pushed the clutch fork over and that made no sound at all. I'm thinking based on all of this that its not a throwout bearing though rather some portion of the pedal assembly or maybe another point in the clutch system that needs to be lubricated. My question is where to lubricate, with what, and how do I get to whatever it is to lubricate it? Or is this something the dealer will do for me gratis?
Rich k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:54 PM   #2
nick.dollimount
Yaris = <3

Drives: '08 Sedan - Flint Mica
I have this as well. I've done the forum search, found some posts but never any pictures. Dealer fixed it a couple times but it doesn't last long at all before it starts to squeak again. And it is pretty embarrassing going through a drive-through with your clutch making that loud squeak... Anyone have an actual picture of what to lubricate and any instructions, if needed to get at said part to be lubricated? Thanks in advance!
==============================
Debadged Rear; Blue Interior Styling; Toyota Sports Pedals; AM Exhaust Tip; OEM Spoiler; Upgraded Speakers; Sony Xplod BT 2600 Deck; Infinity Basslink SUB/AMP in Trunk; 16" Konig Rims; 6000k HID Bi-Xenons; 6000k HID Fogs; NST Short Shifter
==============================
nick.dollimount is offline   Reply With Quote