Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2007, 03:46 AM   #1
ToTo

Drives: Toyota Yaris T SPORT
Tein Basic Damper Coliey's Vs. Tein S. Tech Springs

Hi guys! Im gonna have a lot of questions, sorry about that, I would just like to know...

Currently I'm on basic T-Sport shocks and TTE springs. Im satisfied with the ride comfort, which is not harsh and not bouncy at all, but I'm unsatisfied with the level of drop which in my opinion is not -3cm as promised, but rather close to -2cm/-2.5cm instead. I would like it to be lower and fill in the remaining gap in the arches...

I'm thinking about the Tein coilovers or the Tein springs. What are the pro's and con's of both setups? What is the level of drop of the coilovers? If I get the coilovers and drop the car all the way down, then would I have to get a camber kit or anything else to strengthen the suspension? Would the coilovers in the long run cause any damage to anything if I leave the car low or drop it all the way? How do I know on coilovers the level of drop when switching height, is there something which marks the level when I switch height? What is the best height to have the car on coilovers to be safe? How is the ride comfort compared, is it bouncy or harsh? Is it easy or difficult to change the ride height, can it be done rather easily, do I just have to jack up the car and use the forks and thats it? Will I need the arches to be curled so the tires don't rub? Would I need allignment everytime I switch the height?

With the springs, I know in the front it would be around -3.5cm and -3.8cm in the rear. How is the ride comfort compared to stock and TTE perhaps? How about the Tein springs with the stock T-Sport dampers in the long run, will it cause the dampers to leak or go out?

I know there is a large difference in price, but which is better overall, I would like to keep running 15's and would not like to rub, would arches need to be curled or rolled on either setup? Most importantly though, I dont want to bounce up and down like a rubber ball or a yoyo with either setup.

Does anybody have experience with the Tein Basic coilovers, is it bouncy or harsh at all for everyday use? How about just the Tein S. Tech Springs?

Thanks!