Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-21-2009, 12:53 PM   #1
jouna

Drives: jdm yaris sedan
fuel pressure regulator

can i put this fuel pressure regulator ????

if so how? and at how much pressure if i have my mods

Old 05-21-2009, 02:17 PM   #2
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
Our cars have a returnless fuel system, the factory regulator is in the tank, if you convert the fuel system to a return line then yes you can use it, but this mod is unnecessary, start with you basic I/H/E mods first
cdydjded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 06:08 PM   #3
jouna

Drives: jdm yaris sedan
i have those mods
Old 05-23-2009, 09:12 AM   #4
Morgan

Drives: 07 MM LB
then your done!
Old 05-23-2009, 11:10 AM   #5
1nz

Drives: Vios
piggyback for more power

greddyvios.blogspot.com
1nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:10 PM   #6
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
then your done!
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:41 PM   #7
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
maybe we can start over with a list of existing mods? That would be helpful if you want advice.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 10:52 PM   #8
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
Read this it might help you in your mods

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9451
lilredrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 08:51 PM   #9
ectoman

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris (black)
Question Fuel Pressure Regulator Installation

Hi, I was trying to put on my new filter and everything and just found out that it's really difficult to transfer the fuel pressure regulator to the new one. I can't hammer it in because I already bent the regulator slightly, do you think I can still salvage it? How can you safely press it (regulator) inside the fuel filter because it's pretty darn stubborn? Does anyone have any experience in installing fuel pressure regulators in fuel filters. Of course, mine is the returnless type I'm talking about. My car is a 2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback. Any help provided is greatly appreciated. I'm stumped I hope I don't have to buy a new fuel pressure regulator after I tried to hammer it in.
ectoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:59 PM   #10
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
If it is hard to get in it is the wrong one. They fit snugly, but not that snugly.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:51 AM   #11
ectoman

Fuel Pressure Regulator

The last plastic collar on the regulator doesn't snug all the way in so I thought that that it did on the old fuel filter but the new has the same anatomy as the old filter so I know it can't be the wrong one. Maybe I'm mistaken and shouldn't try cramming it in and I could have been wrong or forgot the regulator didn't seat all the way past the last plastic collar and could you help me with this thanks. Should the last plastic collar be exposed or should that be fully inserted into the fuel filter? Thank you again CT Scott for giving your precious time to answer my post!!

Last edited by ectoman; 03-21-2015 at 12:24 PM. Reason: incomplete post
Old 03-21-2015, 06:06 PM   #12
CTScott
ULTIMATE

I would have to look at one to refresh my memory about the plastic ring, but the little I-ring on the tip is the key. You are supposed to lube it with a bit of gasoline to insert it. If memory serves me right the metal lip sits flush with the housing.
Old 03-22-2015, 12:17 AM   #13
ectoman

Okay I'll try using gasoline to insert the regulator - yes and you are right I do remember the lip flush against the filter housing sir. Thank you again for selflessly replying and sharing knowledge!
Old 03-22-2015, 10:11 PM   #14
ectoman

Unhappy No luck with regulator insertion

I attempted insertion of the regulator after immersing it in gasoline so as to lubricate it upon entry but I tried hammering it in with a rubber mallet then it started to become crooked after whacking it a few times so I abandoned that method and just can't figure a safe and careful way to PRESS it in. Please somebody out there help me, I'm dejected and don't want to give up putting this thing in I know there has to be a way. Can you help me CT Scott or do you know of a sure fire way to get this piece in? I'm frustrated, anyone please help! oh by the way I also tried twisting it back and forth with pliers while applying downward force but that was met with limited results.
Old 03-22-2015, 10:23 PM   #15
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ectoman View Post
I attempted insertion of the regulator after immersing it in gasoline so as to lubricate it upon entry but I tried hammering it in with a rubber mallet then it started to become crooked after whacking it a few times so I abandoned that method and just can't figure a safe and careful way to PRESS it in. Please somebody out there help me, I'm dejected and don't want to give up putting this thing in I know there has to be a way. Can you help me CT Scott or do you know of a sure fire way to get this piece in? I'm frustrated, anyone please help! oh by the way I also tried twisting it back and forth with pliers while applying downward force but that was met with limited results.
I am 99% sure you have the wrong one. There are quite a few different ones that look mighty similar, but have different dimensions.

I have two fuel sender sets sitting on the shelf in my office and I just pulled out the regulators (had to pry them to get them started), and pushed them back in, just using the palm of my hand.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:16 PM   #16
ectoman

Fuel Pressure Regulator Installation

I even tried putting the regulator into the original fuel filter and still had difficulty fully seating the regulator and could not do it, it would almost seat up to the last plastic washer and just stay stuck there. I also checked to make sure that both O-rings and the plastic rings are properly arranged on the regulator, and they are.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:22 PM   #17
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Is the filter OEM or aftermarket?
Old 03-23-2015, 01:16 AM   #18
ectoman

Thumbs up I got it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Is the filter OEM or aftermarket?
Hi CT Scott I actually ended up getting the regulator on, due to my idiocy I had a small plastic collar right below the first O-ring and it didn't belong there so once I removed it, it went right in! I can't believe I was forcing it on there and just found out that that was the reason. The plastic was misplaced by me and I found out that it actually went as a guide on the top of the old fuel pump port that inserted into the top of the fuel filter. I just also seated the black plastic tube, but I didn't use the hot water method it didn't work; instead I used a lighter flame to it for about 6 seconds then hurriedly pushed it onto that nipple and I got it on 90% percent of the way but I think it will be good now. I just have to reassemble everything and pray I didn't damage anything in the process of reassembly. To answer your question it was an aftermarket Beck/Arnley: this one had different setup on the inside, I have yet to find a filter for a 2008 specifically as the picture illustrates above, so I had to convert the pump and filter for an 2007 application which I hope works out, because I haven't put everything back together yet, wish me luck I'll need it. Thanks again for all your help!

Last edited by ectoman; 03-23-2015 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Unfinished comment