Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-04-2009, 06:25 AM   #307
NonStopTuning

Drives: NST CARS: S13 AE86 ANT10 AW11
Do we have any new NST Pulley owners with user reviews or comments to share?

NonStopTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:44 PM   #308
ruimond

Drives: Yaris YR
I was thinking of getting the NST pulleys, but didn't want the invest in the whole set yet. As it cost queit abit. I was just wondering from what i've read the Underdrive Crank Pulley would provide the most gains? Is there much of a difference in gained power from say Crank+Alt+Water Pulleys and just Crank Underdrive by itself?. Im thinking of just getting the Underdrive first and might skip the rest if they don't provide as much of an improvement.

Mods: 17x7 ANZ Tazer Wheels with 215/40/17 Marangoni Tyres | AFE Air Intake System | NST Short Shifter Kit | NST Shifter Cable Bushing Kit | NST 10% Underdrive Crank Pulley | Pedders Sports Springs | Custom 2inch Cat-Back Walker Muffler with 2.5inch Xforce Twin Stainless Steel Tip | RS Side Skirts | RS Euro Spoiler | YRX Front Lip Spoiler | TRD Style Front Grill | 12mm Rear Hub Spacers | Ultra Racing 23mm Rear Sway Bar
ruimond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:02 PM   #309
Klink10

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Ruimond

I wish I could give you a solid answer on that, but it would be from the Butt dyno vs real world figures. I did mine with the regular crank pulley plus alt. and WP from NST until they came out with the underdrive. Then I went to that. NST should have some figures somewhere here on the breakdown in gains...where I don't know. Send them a msg. and ask. Or ask Calis Yaris at Micro Image he lists their products and I'm sure can give you an answer or steer you to what you want to know.
Klink10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:48 AM   #310
NonStopTuning

The Underdrive Crank Pulley is definitely the way to go if you can only afford to pick up one pulley.

Let's put it this way...

Want the ABSOLUTE best gains from your n/a or turbo setup? Pick up the Underdrive Crank Pulley along with the Alternator and Water Pump Pulley Kit.

On a budget and want 65% to 70% of the performance you would get if you had the FULL setup? Then go with the Underdrive Crank Pulley alone and pick up the other pulleys in the future.

The majority of our customers pick up a crank pulley and then come back for the other two pulleys a few months later, once they experience the gains from the crank pulley.

Good luck and have fun with all your projects!

Old 01-06-2009, 01:57 AM   #311
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

Drives: 15 STI
Send a message via AIM to mikenacarato
im not sure if i posted this or not but i picket up the complete set on ebay when you sold them there a few weeks ago. shipping was excellent and the items arrived in perfect shape! the install was easy (i have access to air tools though) and straightforward. the car revs a bit quicker and feels stronger through the whole powerband.

this is a perfect first mod!
mikenacarato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:18 AM   #312
NonStopTuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenacarato View Post
im not sure if i posted this or not but i picket up the complete set on ebay when you sold them there a few weeks ago. shipping was excellent and the items arrived in perfect shape! the install was easy (i have access to air tools though) and straightforward. the car revs a bit quicker and feels stronger through the whole powerband.

this is a perfect first mod!
Thank you for posting sir! We appreciate it!!!

Old 01-12-2009, 01:59 PM   #313
NonStopTuning

More user pics, thoughts, comments would be appreciated!

Old 01-12-2009, 03:38 PM   #314
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
These photo's where taken a few day's ago , the pullies have been in the car for 18,000KM's and no sign of wear or anodiseing comeing off .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg car1 009.JPG (171.3 KB, 154 views)
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:14 AM   #315
nigel

Drives: yaris
does the pulley kit works on the japanese corolla with 1.5liter engine?
nigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:56 PM   #316
NonStopTuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigel View Post
does the pulley kit works on the japanese corolla with 1.5liter engine?
It will work well if you have the 1.5liter 1NZ engine, with electric power steering!

Old 01-21-2009, 12:13 PM   #317
cm07yaris

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Blazing Blue
Send a message via AIM to cm07yaris
What happened to the DIY guide for the water pump and alt. pullies?
cm07yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:52 PM   #318
NonStopTuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm07yaris View Post
What happened to the DIY guide for the water pump and alt. pullies?
Good question!

Old 01-21-2009, 06:03 PM   #319
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Drives: 08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by NonStopTuning View Post
Do we have any new NST Pulley owners with user reviews or comments to share?

Not yet man , Whats up with sponsorship???
blacksandiegovitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:16 PM   #320
NonStopTuning

blacksandiegovitz, you have a PM.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:06 PM   #321
ruimond

Just got my NST Underdrive Pulley and NST Shifter Cable Bushing in the mail! So excited, will be getting it installed this afternoon and post results.

Mods: 17x7 ANZ Tazer Wheels with 215/40/17 Marangoni Tyres | AFE Air Intake System | NST Short Shifter Kit | NST Shifter Cable Bushing Kit | NST 10% Underdrive Crank Pulley | Pedders Sports Springs | Custom 2inch Cat-Back Walker Muffler with 2.5inch Xforce Twin Stainless Steel Tip | RS Side Skirts | RS Euro Spoiler | YRX Front Lip Spoiler | TRD Style Front Grill | 12mm Rear Hub Spacers | Ultra Racing 23mm Rear Sway Bar

Last edited by ruimond; 01-21-2009 at 08:43 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:37 PM   #322
NonStopTuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruimond View Post
Just got my NST Underdrive Pulley and NST Shifter Cable Bushing in the mail! So excited, will be getting it installed this afternoon and post results.
AWESOME!

Old 01-22-2009, 03:15 AM   #323
ruimond

Went to my mechanic today to get the underdrive pulley and shifter cable bushings installed.

First impressions of the underdrive pulley, it felt alot lighter then the stock crank pulley. Which was good. Installation was fairly quick about 30-40mins tops.

One problem my mechanic mentioned that he had the push the tension to the max setting which could require a shorter belt in the future if it started making start up noises/squeeks. But none the less he said it was good for now anyway.

Started the car up. No sound issues. Driving impressions were good, it felt abit smoother to get up to speed. The throttle response was abit more revvy, but i did not get to fully test it. So it did not seem like it was a huge difference, but there is definately abit more punch.

Onto the shifter cable bushings, my mechanic installed the fairly easy. Moving it around for the first time after the bushings were installed it felt very stiff, i almost could not move it. Haha, but after a few shifts while the car was sitting, the movement came back. I have the NST Engine Short Shifter and i must say that they work well together. It feels alot more firmer then it was, which makes it alot better to drive now.

Overall i'm pretty satisfied with these products, but i'll have to give the pulley abit more testing

Old 01-22-2009, 02:30 PM   #324
NonStopTuning

Thanks for the full review sir! Your NST mods will be more enjoyable as time passes, I promise.

Good luck and have fun with all your future projects!