Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2006, 12:54 AM   #1
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback and S13's
Official Scangauge II Thread - Share your Data, Discuss Settings ,Problems, Findings!

Well, I give credit to those of you here on yarisworld.com that convinced me to get a Scangauge II unit. Btw, i bought mine off Ebay. There are 2 people selling for Logistic Systems (Manufacturer of Scangauge II) and they ship directly from the MFR in Mesa, Arizona. My unit arrived in 2 days, even though the USPS tracking didn't seem to work until after it arrived
I have my Scangauge mounted in the drivers glove compartment, it hasn't been permanently mounted since i'm still trying to decide if having it that far away from the OEM cluster will be a problem..i.e. will it take too much time check two sets of clusters that are 2 feet apart. I may just put the velcro on the bottom of the scangauge and "set it" right in front of the OEM gauge cluster, angled torward the driver (obviously) and not blocking more than just the VERY TOP end of the Speedo (which i'd be using the Scangauge MPH read out, anyway..)
I still gotta consult the manual and make sure this wouldn't block my view of any EMERGENCY signals that light up on the gauge cluster in case of many many things from Power steering failure, brake failure, etc.etc.etc...

Anyway, when you leave your info (specifically MPG computed by Scangauge), make sure to give us:

LOCATION : (please advise us if you're in high altitudes, or your area has "special" gasoline for your area, usually major metroplexes use this to combat ozone action day situations..
SEDAN/LIFTBACK :
MANUAL/AUTOMATIC Trans :
A/C used much?
EXTRA WEIGHT: Do you ride light and solo, or do you pack in the family with your collection of lead weights in the trunk?
CITY/HIGHWAY RATIO: Do you mostly sit in traffic or pure highway cruisin'? do you drive in VERY shorts spurts and spend a good part of the time warming up you car?

I have been keeping track of Max:
*coolant temperature - texas heat in july..about 100 degree F at 6 pm..high humidity..my temps crept up to 203 just a few times, mostly riding at 188 except right after driving in short bursts.
*max RPMs (i've checked many times, and i've been keeping it under 4300..usually only about 3800)
*Idle RPMS..they aren't as smooth as the engine's silence led me to believe..they do fluctuate a bit even with Power electric fans, steering, etc.

After I've had some time to confirm my first reactions I will come back with better organized and complete data.

We might have a very special chance to understand our vehicles as a community if we get enough information from enough credible, well informed Yaris Owners. Plus the data logging USB function will be out next month (August 2006) which will take this ten steps further.
Even if this info doesn't help now, it will definitely help when/if you start modifying your vehicle. You can see how coolant temperatures and engine load, fuel economy,etc. are affected by the power you create. Also, it will be the FIRST SIGNS of any POSSIBLE problems that you may have.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think.