Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-16-2010, 01:51 PM   #1
big lo

Drives: 2007 VIOS
upgrading the interior

I'm doing an upgrade on the dash or should I say the radio/AC part. I did a color match in the middle part which was a grey metalic color, now its flint mica. The side were paint a portsmouth gray very nice, and it really stands out. Now I have a problem I want to paint the the gray stock color to the portsmouth gray but I noticed that it says SRS air bag system. I know that the piece is easy to take off, but I dont want to activate the airbag, what do I need to do to finish the project? Also the back part of the car has the same thing, please help.
big lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 02:03 PM   #2
Emerge
On a trek to upgrade...

Drives: 2003 Echo Coupe
pics
Old 06-16-2010, 02:23 PM   #3
big lo

Emerge, if you want pics go to my album, I posted some pics, sorry I m doing this on my mobile. But I need the answer to the question as well, holla at me if you know the answer, and how it looks too.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:58 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Below is the pic from your album. Are you looking to paint the entire top of the dashboard (and the SRS that you are talking about is above the glove box on the passenger side)?

CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:17 PM   #5
big lo

Good looking CT for putting up the pic. But I was refering to to the panals on all for corners of the car, meaning the front window which there is one panal on each side of the windshield, and the back is the same, all I know it says SRS curtain airbag system. It a gray stock color, I want to paint it too, so it would really stand out. And no I dont plan to paint the whole dash, just the trim, like I said before to stand out. I like it that what matters.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:36 PM   #6
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by big lo View Post
Good looking CT for putting up the pic. But I was refering to to the panals on all for corners of the car, meaning the front window which there is one panal on each side of the windshield, and the back is the same, all I know it says SRS curtain airbag system. It a gray stock color, I want to paint it too, so it would really stand out. And no I dont plan to paint the whole dash, just the trim, like I said before to stand out. I like it that what matters.
OK - Those are called the A, B, and C pillars. The front ones with the SRS warning are the A pillars, the middle ones B, and the rear C. You can remove the A pillars without affecting the curtain airbags.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:28 PM   #7
big lo

Thanxs CT, then in that case I need one more spray can to wrap up this project, so whats your opinion sa far in how it looks.