Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-13-2009, 07:33 PM   #1
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoxx View Post
that makes sense, ill start a new thread

now let me ask you a question, do you think that if i use one of the line that you told me from the pin 96 (pink) or pin 97 (blue) i think i could try that and see, because i reeeeeeally don't want to drill a hole on my car, and now that i think there must be a line that i can tap into because, on the speedometer there is two light for temp, one light up COOL so when you start the car and the other is the red light that have the signal of hot temp, anyway let me know what you think

thank again for the time
I don't believe that it would work. The single wire sensor is a one wire thermocouple. A two wire device, like what is on the car, is a thermistor. A thermocouple generates voltage relative to change in temperature. A thermistor changes resistance based on temperature. So, the output of the two sensor types is completely different.

As for the lights, they are illuminated by the cluster's microcontroller, based on data from the ECM (who processes the sensor data).
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:41 PM   #2
yoxx

Drives: toyota yaris 2008 hatch
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
I don't believe that it would work. The single wire sensor is a one wire thermocouple. A two wire device, like what is on the car, is a thermistor. A thermocouple generates voltage relative to change in temperature. A thermistor changes resistance based on temperature. So, the output of the two sensor types is completely different.

As for the lights, they are illuminated by the cluster's microcontroller, based on data from the ECM (who processes the sensor data).
men that socks, cus i really want it to put this water temp gauge on cus it match my tach and my voltmeter, i guess am gonna have to get some sort of adapter so i can get the sensor in

thank buddy
yoxx is offline   Reply With Quote