Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Canada
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-09-2008, 10:41 AM   #1
ammes
I've made a post!

Drives: 08 Flint Mica Yaris Sedan
Question Exclamation Point Light Question

Does anyone know what the exclamation point symbol means? I just got my 08 Yaris Sedan on October 14th and this morning that exclamation point light was on an did not go off like usual. I found the light symbol in my manual, but no explanation on what the light is suppose to indicate. I am taking it to my dealer on Friday but I am curious to know what it is suppose to be telling me. Any help is gladly appreciated.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:13 AM   #2
voodoo22

Drives: Yaris Sedan (auto)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammes View Post
Does anyone know what the exclamation point symbol means? I just got my 08 Yaris Sedan on October 14th and this morning that exclamation point light was on an did not go off like usual. I found the light symbol in my manual, but no explanation on what the light is suppose to indicate. I am taking it to my dealer on Friday but I am curious to know what it is suppose to be telling me. Any help is gladly appreciated.
I'm guessing, but isn't it parking brake?
voodoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:43 AM   #3
GeneralDon7

Drives: Yaris Sedan
Yes thats the parking brake light, Does anyone know what would cause the ABS to come on sometimes, its really random, is this cause of that corroded connecor, and also does anyone know why the power steering light would come on, could it be low power steering fluid, cause it only comes on after i start steering. These lights have only started coming on after I just got my front two tires changed. Which I find quite fishy to begin with.
GeneralDon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:10 PM   #4
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralDon7 View Post
Yes thats the parking brake light, Does anyone know what would cause the ABS to come on sometimes, its really random, is this cause of that corroded connecor, and also does anyone know why the power steering light would come on, could it be low power steering fluid, cause it only comes on after i start steering. These lights have only started coming on after I just got my front two tires changed. Which I find quite fishy to begin with.
was it this one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
It is the one that looks like this:

IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:14 PM   #5
kozm

Drives: Yaris Sedan 07
Same thing happened to me two days ago - both (!) and (ABS) lights were on. My wife went to the dealership, and they will replace the bloody thing once it has arrived. Her English is a tad weak, so she did not exactly remembered what the bloody thing was - but it looks like the same one from this thread...

Sedan/2007/37 K
kozm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:20 PM   #6
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammes View Post

buddy, you are in the Canadian forum :P Some US models have tire pressure monitors.... this could be it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralDon7 View Post

the yaris does not have any powersteering fluid. It's solely powered by an electric motor. If the light does come on... it could be your motor is overheating or malfunctioning.
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote