Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2014, 08:35 PM   #1
kropekoi

Drives: vios 1.3J
Talking DIY additional airflow

Hi all,

I would like to share my simple and cheap DIY on adding more cold air into your intake. I know that there might have been other posts regarding this, however, I just want to share on what I have.

here's our simple ride:

here's what I did:

I've installed an orange tubing (not really sure on what you call it) from the bumper going to the intake tube.

when you try to start the car and stick your finger in one of those holes on the bumper, you'll actually feel a small sucking feeling on your finger. (not to worry about water getting into your intake as I have punched in 3-4 holes on those 2 tubes to prevent water from building up inside)

Correct me if I am wrong on this, but, the more air, and more dense it is, the more MPG that you will get. also more air means more power.

so far I've felt a slight power increase after this mod, and the MPG (especially on long drives) has increased as well.

In the Philippines, the current gas(unleaded) price is around P48.35 per liter
and I've filled up P500 worth of gas, and that's 10.34 liters of gas(the gas meter is blinking).

With this I was able to travel from
- Marikina to Antipolo, and back to Marikina
that's a total of 30 kms going to antipolo and back to marikina

- then from marikina to filinvest sumulong and back to marikina again
that's 14.6kms in total

- then from marikina to Mall of Asia and back to marikina
that's roughly 49kms in total

- then again from Marikina to Mall of Asia and back to Marikina again
another 49kms in total

overall of 142.6kms on a 10 liter of gas

before the gas started to blink really fast.

these driving conditions are mix of traffic and non traffic conditions(most of the time traffic) and mix of
with/without aircondition

What do you think?
kropekoi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cheap, diy, mpg, sedan, vios