Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 05:51 AM   #397
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
I understood what you meant but I wouldn't do it if it were my car. We all have different ideal pictures of our cars in our head though.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:57 AM   #398
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Yeah i guess it is all down to a matter of taste... I just have in my head the concept of a balance between painted headlights and painted taillights. Now as to whether I will attempt either of those, who knows....

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 10-31-2006, 07:01 AM   #399
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
I recon you should paint your headlights White and Red.............thats just me cuz i was about to paint all my badges white and recolour the black of my headlights white.

But i was thinking in the long run i wanted chrome and black rims so i stuck with the chromies.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:43 AM   #400
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Well front lights I've thought about it quite a bit more, either black or dark grey. Putting a layer of carbon fiber instead would just be awesome but I would not know where to start

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 10-31-2006, 08:40 AM   #401
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
you can start by painting it red and white lol..............

These are the wheels i want, though i really want to make the badges white not really chrome. (i think im gettin over chrome) So i prob go down to my local repair shop and tell them to recolour the chrome parts white!! so i will have black and white rims :)

Old 10-31-2006, 11:34 AM   #402
argylesocks
Bears eat beets.

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles
Pssshh tell me about it...

But yeah, meteorite metallic liftback, dark tint, headlight eyebrows, smoked fog lights, smoked JDM tails, black painted badges... you know where I'm going with this, haha.
ummm... down to the local parking lot to hang out with the other kids with riced-out cars?? :)
Old 10-31-2006, 04:33 PM   #403
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Riced out is a giant wing, or those altezza lights, or a body kit that has more scoops than Baskin Robbins. I'm just not into the whole silver/chrome thing going on... I'd rather have a silver car with black accents.

Don't worry though... I wont take offense to anything coming from someone that can't appreciate steak, or is trying to rip the boards off on an overpriced sub and amp...

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1897

(ouch)
Old 10-31-2006, 04:50 PM   #404
YamilR

Drives: Absolutely Red Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to YamilR
Quote:
Riced out is a giant wing, or those altezza lights, or a body kit that has more scoops than Baskin Robbins. I'm just not into the whole silver/chrome thing going on... I'd rather have a silver car with black accents.

Don't worry though... I wont take offense to anything coming from someone that can't appreciate steak, or is trying to rip the boards off on an overpriced sub and amp...

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1897

(ouch)
That's a good kick in the cojones
Old 10-31-2006, 05:15 PM   #405
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Drives: Yaris RS 5DR / Vitz RS wannabe
ChinoCharles = Yarisworld's resident shit disturber
Old 10-31-2006, 05:27 PM   #406
argylesocks
Bears eat beets.

Quote:

(ouch)
come on.. where's your sense of humor? im just fuckin with ya.

as for the steak comment. very original. bravo. i have heard that shit for the past 12 years... you gotta come up with something better than that to get me to laugh.

as for the amp/sub, i put it in the CLASSIFIEDS. thats what CLASSIFIEDS are for. im not trying to rip anyone off. there is this thing called economics. maybe you will learn about it in high school. anyways. if someone wants it, then it will sell, if i am asking too much, then it will either sit there, or i reduce my price (which i did). obviously my starting price was too high.. .but thats certainly not 'trying to rip anyone off'... i honestly thought it would sell for that.

as for the lights, they're cool. but no way in hell i would pay that much money for them. to each their own. you would probably think im crazy for how much i spend on my bicycles..
Old 10-31-2006, 05:39 PM   #407
eco

Drives: 2007 Black Yaris sedan
Whens the last time you got some ass riding on a bike,Id rather spend money on my car,and I woulda got in on this GB,but it wasnt for the sedan.
And man,noone is going to buy n amp thats been ragged out for several years,and a sub that is sub-par.Throw in your car,and Ill think about it
Old 10-31-2006, 08:37 PM   #408
ChinoCharles
Banned

I know I know... the steak comment was cliche. However, I am a full time grill cook at a Country Club, so it comes natural. Here's one for ya... 6 ounces of filet mignon dripping in lobster butter.

115859251_373221388_0.jpg

... MOO BITCH!

Having said that, I don't take kindly to people calling me a ricer. I grew up in the F&F generation, and I've learned from their mistakes. Don't accuse me of such tomfoolery.

Oh, and thanks for the dubious distinction... Bueller, make me a shirt for being the "resident shit disturber" hahaha... Its all in good fun.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:34 AM   #409
argylesocks
Bears eat beets.

Quote:

Having said that, I don't take kindly to people calling me a ricer. I grew up in the F&F generation, hahaha... Its all in good fun.

mmm... fast & furious.... mmmm..

all in good fun. im just playin.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:20 AM   #410
ChinoCharles
Banned

Cars OK... girl, yummmmmm
Old 11-08-2006, 11:39 PM   #411
NCP91 RS
2ZZ swap maybe?

Drives: 07 Yaris RS 5-dr hatch
Just a heads up for all you guys that would love to buy the JDM RS LED tails. It will require a complete re-wire in order to work with your car. The plug that came with the LED taillights will not plug in to your existing wiring haress for the factory taillamp. Not to mention, when I hook mine up when u put into reverse both signal lamp will stay on. I've tried many times to fix the problem But there seems to be no luck at all. I am not trying sway you guys away from this GB. However, just wants u guys to consider before getting it.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:20 AM   #412
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Drives: Yaris RS 5DR / Vitz RS wannabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCP91 RS
Just a heads up for all you guys that would love to buy the JDM RS LED tails. It will require a complete re-wire in order to work with your car. The plug that came with the LED taillights will not plug in to your existing wiring haress for the factory taillamp. Not to mention, when I hook mine up when u put into reverse both signal lamp will stay on. I've tried many times to fix the problem But there seems to be no luck at all. I am not trying sway you guys away from this GB. However, just wants u guys to consider before getting it.
You're about a month late with this post as all of us have received our JDM tail lights and have installed them as well

Installing the tail lights doesn't require a rewire.

Along with the tail lights we received a JDM chassis side molex connector which we used to connect the vehicle chassis wires to the tail lights. The only modification was the removal of the wires from the original molex plug and subsequently connecting the vehicle chassis wires to the JDM molex.

Don't know how you "rewired" your wires, might want to have a look at the JDM Tail Light transplant page (search this thread).

As for the problem you experience with the backup/signal lamp, I have not encountered this problem at all. My signal lights do not turn on or flash when I go into reverse. This is with a manual transmission.

The lights function normally as intended, and none of us have reported any problems.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:48 AM   #413
skc

Drives: White5drRS
i guess everyone already got their JDM taillamp..looks good

is there gonna be another GroupBuy JDM taillamp?
Old 11-09-2006, 07:00 AM   #414
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
Mine work perfectly too. You got the wiring wrong, that's all.

Good luck.
Closed Thread