Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-30-2008, 09:36 AM   #1
Stoln

Drives: 2007 5 Door Hatch
Express window for passenger

Has anybody tried to make the passenger window an express window and have the same lite switch as the drivers side? I thought about ordering the power window kit from a RHD car but than shook my head asking why would I spend all that money to get the RHD part and than have to wire it up. There has to be an easier way. Does anyone have ideas?
Stoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:38 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoln View Post
Has anybody tried to make the passenger window an express window and have the same lite switch as the drivers side? I thought about ordering the power window kit from a RHD car but than shook my head asking why would I spend all that money to get the RHD part and than have to wire it up. There has to be an easier way. Does anyone have ideas?
In the EWD for power windows there are just two wires going from the LH window switch to the motor, so all the magic is done within the switch. I haven't pulled the switch apart, but the express switches have two switch positions in the down mode; normal and express.

The RHD unit would give you the two mode switch for the passenger side, and the wiring mods would be fairly simple.

If you wanted to add express to the passenger side switch, and didn't care about being able to drop the window part of the way down (as it only has one switch for the down mode), you could add a 12VDC delay on break relay to the wiring for the passenger side. Then, when the passenger touched the switch, it would continue to drive the window down for an adjustable amount of time (which you would adjust to the amount of time required for the window to crank all of the way down).
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote