Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2010, 11:35 PM   #1
GnomeBody
AD&D Dork

Drives: 07Liftback/07sedanS
gude-head-1NZ-FE

Does any one know what the low down is on a gude-head-1NZ-FE

Will this buy me anything on a NA motor? or am I gunna have to combine it with fuel management or FI to really net any gains.

All and all, Im not really looking to build a race car, Im just trying to figure out what my options are to reshape my powerband to match my driving habits. For example, I never really go faster than 60 or 70 mph (no interstate driving) because all my driving is to work and back (Its all backroads or stop and go) Any other driveing normaly means Ive got the family in tow so I end up taking take the gen2 XB (hence why Im also considering getting rid of my backseat). To change the shape of my powerband I think my best bet would be custom cams, witch Im willing to do if it makes driving to work more fun, dont know what it would cost tho...

To be completely honest, Ive be entertaining the idea of sacrificing some pony's from the top in turn for some more torque at the bottom. maybe even combine it with a slightly smaller than stocktire diameter. I think I could be ok with my car topping out at 85 if it meant an equal trade in off the line acceleration lol.

Mods: K&N filter, Megan Coilovers, Ultra Racing 19mm rear sway bar, Sun tachometer, Window Tint.
GnomeBody is offline   Reply With Quote