Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-07-2011, 08:58 AM   #1
inthebuff

Drives: '07 3d yaris
New Yaris owner, question about guages

First post, just bought a 3d Yaris hatchback, automatic. It's primarily just for a cheaper alternative to my van as a commuter. But, it turns out it's pretty fun to drive.

My van has non-stop information about the status of the engine and I'm finding myself missing these elements especially since my coolant light came on momentarily yesterday not too long after I started up and then disappeared and hasn't returned. I'm not crazy about the too hot/too cold status lights. I bought it from a dealer with a limited warranty, so if something is up, I'd like to get it in there asap.

So I'm curious if there's any sort of "all-in-one" unit that would be able to give me real time info on the following: oil pressure, engine temp, avg mileage and miles left on tank. I don't really want to do any mods so if it just plugs into the obd, that's fine, as long as I can mount it somewhere that it doesn't look like a pile of crap.

Any thoughts?
inthebuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:28 AM   #2
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Scanguage 2 sounds like what you are looking for. http://shop.microimageonline.com/ScanGauge-II-SGII.htm
Old 05-07-2011, 10:04 AM   #3
inthebuff

Drives: '07 3d yaris
Yeah, I saw that, someone had one in another car I took for a test drive. Kind of wishing it was actual gauges though, and not just a digital reading...
inthebuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:35 AM   #4
BEEF

Drives: 2008 yaris 3d
another choice is the ultragauge. pretty much the same deal (digital) but about half the price and you display 6 gauges at a time. you can also scroll through 3 pages which gives you a total of 18 gauges by pressing a button 3 times.

I use it for my speedo and my instant MPG.

I actually have both (scangauge and ultragauge) and will say that they both have advantages but the price difference is pretty large if you are just getting into it.

not sure anyone has a setup for an actual analog gauge, though that would be cool.
BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:36 AM   #5
rick996

Drives: 2010 5 door hatch w/5 sp man.
I remember seeing one that I think had 4 at a time analog gauges when I was looking up something else for OBDII. I just did a quick Google search and found two from Edge Products. Neither are the one I saw the 1st time and they are pretty expensive.

http://www.edgeproducts.com

rick996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:11 AM   #6
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
If it was a blue light that came on, that's normal. If it was the red light, bring it into the dealer and have them check it out.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote