Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #1
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
For the record, he filed a PayPal claim for the entire value; apparently he wants to keep his defective product -- for FREE.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:30 PM   #2
TOLMACH

Drives: soarer
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
For the record, he filed a PayPal claim for the entire value; apparently he wants to keep his defective product -- for FREE.
that is not true.. the claim indicates the refund of the cost of item plus shipment portion attributable to this item (for which I used info kindly supplied by Jeff) or another similar non defective item as way to cancel this claim.

For the record: you are lying

I am also not liking your tone at all. Not nice when you are dealing with client.
TOLMACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #3
mazilla
advocatus diaboli

Drives: 07 Yaris hatch
OP, stop staring at your exhaust tip and move on with your life. Nobody here cares about it, except you and the folks @ MI and you're doing your very best to dissuede them from helping you.

Worst thread ever.

My odometer 03/11
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...a/2843ed85.jpg
mazilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #4
TOLMACH

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazilla View Post
OP, stop staring at your exhaust tip and move on with your life. Nobody here cares about it, except you and the folks @ MI and you're doing your very best to dissuede them from helping you.

Worst thread ever.
judging by messages in my mail box, some people do care about myself

thanks for your opinion anyways
Old 06-20-2012, 04:05 PM   #5
tooter
play every day

Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazilla View Post
...stop staring at your exhaust tip and move on with your life.
That's good advice for me too!
I'm always staring at my exhaust tips.
tooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:51 PM   #6
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

You obviously didn't bother to read your email yet. Might want to do that before posting more crap about my company.

Quote:
the claim indicates the refund of the cost of item plus shipment portion attributable to this item (for which I used info kindly supplied by Jeff)
We offered a 100% refund + your shipping costs, upon return, AS YOU DESCRIBED as option 2. We've never failed to provide a refund as promised. Never.
You rejected that offer.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:58 PM   #7
TOLMACH

Quote:
You obviously didn't bother to read your email yet. Might want to do that before posting more crap about my company.

We offered a 100% refund + your shipping costs, upon return, AS YOU DESCRIBED as option 2. We've never failed to provide a refund as promised. Never.
You rejected that offer.
Sorry I am not getting it.. So far I have not received any refund offers. Can you just do it ? (225 + 70something that I paid)

Option 2 is not acceptable (I told you already)- lots of hustle involved and I do not want to risk my money anymore
Old 06-20-2012, 05:15 PM   #8
tooter
play every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOLMACH View Post
Sorry I am not getting it..
I believe you, Tolmach...
Refusing a 100% refund including shipping when you send the exhaust back is definitely missing the point.

By now you could have taken a fine flat file to the end of the tip and simply filed it straight. And you could have enjoyed the personal satisfaction of being creative and productive enough to resolve this issue yourself.

It's a pretty good bet that you use the same negative adversarial approach in other areas of your life as well. So it obviously must have more perceived value to you than any of the positive alternatives.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:34 PM   #9
TOLMACH

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
I believe you, Tolmach...
Refusing a 100% refund including shipping when you send the exhaust back is definitely missing the point.

By now you could have taken a fine flat file to the end of the tip and simply filed it straight. And you could have enjoyed the personal satisfaction of being creative and productive enough to resolve this issue yourself.

It's a pretty good bet that you use the same negative adversarial approach in other areas of your life as well. So it obviously must have more perceived value to you than any of the positive alternatives.
Just curious.. you are constantly repeating the words @positive, satisfaction, value@ - why would you do this? Are you a McDonalds shift manager or something?
Old 06-21-2012, 01:03 AM   #10
tooter
play every day

Quote:
Just curious.. you are constantly repeating the words @positive, satisfaction, value@ - why would you do this?
I can understand how it would seem that way. Once the larger context has been rejected, all that's left are meaningless disconnected words.

Quote:
Are you a McDonalds shift manager or something?
No... but I would make a very good one because I have a positive attitude, take personal satisfaction in doing a good job, and would have a high value to my employer.

Seriously, I've been a modestly successful businessman for 30 years and have learned a lot about myself as well as others. Your taking the time here to relate your situation as well as sharing how you have chosen to respond to it is far better than any lesson that could ever be taught in school.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:35 PM   #11
mazilla
advocatus diaboli

Drives: 07 Yaris hatch
Quote:
Sorry I am not getting it.. So far I have not received any refund offers. Can you just do it ? (225 + 70something that I paid)

Option 2 is not acceptable (I told you already)- lots of hustle involved and I do not want to risk my money anymore

You seriously want them to refund all of the shipping costs and the complete cost of the item up front, then wait around for you to ship the used(and probably abused) item back? What kind of drug are you smoking up there bro?

You fucked up, and now you want all your mistakes washed away with other peoples money...shame on you.

My odometer 03/11
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...a/2843ed85.jpg
mazilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:04 PM   #12
TOLMACH

Quote:

You rejected that offer.
If I hear the word @crap@ or anything similar re myself one more time from you, I will stop discussing options with you at all.

Are we clear?
Old 06-20-2012, 03:52 PM   #13
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Did it look like the box with your intake had been opened and inspected by TRDsparks?
NO. They're a vendor, just like us. Why aren't you bashing them? Same thing could have happened there.
Didn't answer this question. Gee, I wonder why not.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:01 PM   #14
TOLMACH

Quote:
I am so far crazily happy with them. they do not forget my orders (I mentioned my request for Eibachs two weeks ago, right?), ship it fast. Last time they subsidized my shipping. I know couple guys there - very nice people.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:19 PM   #15
Golddeenoh
Takes corners too fast!

Drives: Absolute Red 2009 Yaris HB
let see if I can explain this.

Quote:
^That is simply answered, it is hard to make an argument if you manage to prove your points invalid. it is the application of Rhetoric to persuade the audience to believe the writer's side of the story. whether it is just or whether the write believes that they are right isn't always the point but if they can attempt to make others think they are right then the original point is irrelevant. Either way I find the attempt to argue something this petty as a waste of server space, when simple negotiation is what would resolve the problem and not the bashing of a company trying everything in reason to fix the issue. Which brings me to the final point, If you can't be a mature, rational person when attempting to conduct business with a business in another country and then to assume that venting your idiotic rage will make things better then you should quit buying stuff off line and learn how to deal with issues the right way, not the way a child does to try and get something. You don't get things fixed by not agreeing to fix them, you get them fix by settling the issue and moving on. If that mean that you will not chose to use a company whether that be the company that sold the product or the company that made the product then life will go on. This QQ log is helping nothing and will only add to unnecessary and irrational frustration.
mods:15''Drag DR21 w/Nitto NeoGen 205/50R15, Tanabe DF210 lowering springs 1.6/1.8, TRD Rear Sway Bar, Tanabe Front Sway Bar, Micro Image Short Throw Shift Kit (both in and under), 8.64lbs flywheel, F1 Stage 4 Clutch, AEM Cold Air Intake (Red), Megan Racing Header, DC Sports Axle Back Exhaust, Micro Image Crank Pulley, NST lite Alternator Pulley, ARP Manifold Stud Kit,Tanabe Front Strut Tower Brace, ScanGuage II, Micro Image Silicone Radiator Hose Kit (Red), NRG Carbon Fiber Shift Knob (round), 2009-2011 Toyota Yaris Liftback Foglight kit, NRG Grounding Kit (Red), Hella Horns(Red),CF Hood
Golddeenoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:09 PM   #16
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
I will stop discussing options with you at all.
I thought you already did.

Quote:
I am so far crazily happy with them.
They didn't open and inspect the product (I called and asked if they do that). But you are criticizing us for not doing it. That's the point. I'm glad you are happy with them, as you should be; good company.

Are we clear?

I got a copy of what Jeff wrote you, so I know it was sent. I'd like a yes or no immediately so we don't waste any more of your time.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:50 AM   #17
TOLMACH

Quote:
I thought you already did.

They didn't open and inspect the product (I called and asked if they do that). But you are criticizing us for not doing it. That's the point. I'm glad you are happy with them, as you should be; good company.

Are we clear?

I got a copy of what Jeff wrote you, so I know it was sent. I'd like a yes or no immediately so we don't waste any more of your time.
e-mailed you

(i guess what you are offering is what I proposed to Jeff when I called him on Monday)
Old 06-20-2012, 09:05 PM   #18
goliath1812

Drives: 2010 Prius, 2007 Yaris Sedan
Lol,that looks so much like one of my dogs :-)