Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2016, 02:25 AM   #1
heytim

Drives: 2014 Yaris
Intro + LED wiring questions

Hi all,

Been lurking here for a while and thought I'd finally post and say hello! Stating the obvious, but this site's wealth of information has certainly taught me quite a bit...most notably, helping me install fogs using the pre-wired harness for an OEM look. Thanks for all that...it does seem this forum isn't as busy as it used to be, but nevertheless hoping to meet some fellow yaris members here

Oh, and my vehicle is a 2014 Yaris 5 door hatch. Had it for over 2 years now and love her as it does everything I need, if not more (that's what she said..) Also have another vehicle that I bought to learn standard.

By the way, I am pretty much a newbie so please excuse any novice questions I may have at times...do look forward to learning lots :)

Anyways, that brings me to my question of the day - I got some LED strips and am wanting to wire them, so that they turn on and off with my doors/dome light. As a 3rd gen I would assume my Yaris has different wiring than the sticky in the other thread?

Some searching has led me to this thread which I believe is most applicable:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43509

Am I correct in saying I would that all I would need to do is tap the + and - of my LED strip to those sky blue and black wires, respectively?

Now here's where a noob question comes...not exactly sure on what tapping into the wires mean? Would it just be more or less a matter of sticking in the exposed + and - to the connector terminal? Or perhaps the use of a wire-tap connector?

Sorry for yet another LED wiring thread, but just want to make sure here before I go ahead as I'm not really used to electrical stuff. Have done a bit of googling already but sometimes the info is conflicting in terms of where to get the power source from etc. Thanks in advance.
heytim is offline   Reply With Quote