Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2006, 03:16 AM   #1
yuiedie

Drives: '07 liftback
Sony CDX-GT210 install

i was looking for a basic am/fm/cd head unit so i picked up the Sony CDX-GT210 from Circuit City as well as the metra double din dash kit with the toyota smart harness. after taking apart the dash i find out that the smart wiring harness does not fit into the back of the Sony head unit! its a bit too big. im obviously a newb at this, so any help is appreciated. where can i find a converter so i can plug in the smart harness into the stereo, or am i simply screwed?!

EDIT: haha, stupid me.......i just re-read the tutorial on stereo install and realized there are two harness' you need, one for car make, and another for stereo make. im assuming i just look for a sony wiring harness? i found one on the circuit city website, this one should prolly work, right?

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Metra...oductDetail.do

oh, and might i add that when fitting in your mounting brakets, be sure you break off the correct ones, hehe, i ended up breaking off the two that is required for the screws, so now i have to buy another dash kit, oh well.

Last edited by yuiedie; 12-02-2006 at 03:59 AM.
yuiedie is offline   Reply With Quote