Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-05-2011, 11:02 AM   #19
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
Oh mighty god......
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:14 AM   #20
mazilla
advocatus diaboli

Drives: 07 Yaris hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus View Post
Oh mighty god......

+1

The short list of parts I have planned for this car seems to keep growing and growing.

My odometer 03/11
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...a/2843ed85.jpg
mazilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:35 AM   #21
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
Manufacturer has replied; they are keen on the project. That is good news.
ill say!
Old 05-05-2011, 11:37 AM   #22
Yoda

Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
Put me down for one if you ever get it produced Cali.
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:02 PM   #23
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Now I have to find my stock one to send over there. That will require some digging.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:51 PM   #24
pwisenbaker

Drives: 2008 3 dr. Hatch
If the Manufacturer can make them plain jane, no polish, no ground welds etc will help out on costs; I am in as well.

They could option them with the extras and NOS bungs for the folks that need & want them.
pwisenbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:55 PM   #25
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Grinding welds is not allowed in my world.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:17 PM   #26
xen555

Drives: 3 DOORS LB
Quote:
Now I have to find my stock one to send over there. That will require some digging.
i have one spare if you need it its yours the only problem im in PR
xen555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:55 AM   #27
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

^ I'll let you know today. I can send you a UPS label if you tell me what size package. Thank you very much.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:05 AM   #28
mazilla
advocatus diaboli

Drives: 07 Yaris hatch
Quote:
^ I'll let you know today. I can send you a UPS label if you tell me what size package. Thank you very much.
There might be a couple laying around my office still, there was a pile of them there about a week ago. I won't be able to check until I come back up to Glendale on Tues if you can wait that long...

My odometer 03/11
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...a/2843ed85.jpg
mazilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:45 PM   #29
Yoda

Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
This is looking good. I was gonna get the weapon r and do the custom work but this will give me the time I need to replace/upgrade my clutch. Had to turn down the boost :(
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:52 AM   #30
stevethegimp

Drives: '09 Blazing Blue 3D LB
I'd certainly be on the serious interest train if this builds steam.
stevethegimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:40 AM   #31
bladesmith6

Drives: 2007 yaris HB
I know you guys are saying "I'm in" but keep in mind this probably will be at least 5-700 dollars(maybe more, garm correct me if I am totally off base) and that price is why half the people flaked out the last time something like this came up. Hell I used to argue about the price being too high but after doing alot more research unless its a honda this is the price you have to pay with a car like ours...another words don't make promises and then dissapear....
bladesmith6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:29 AM   #32
BEEF

Drives: 2008 yaris 3d
that is part of the reason that I have kind of stayed out of the whole "I'M IN!!!" category.

if it were more in the $300 range, I may consider it but there again without knowing for sure, I don't want to say definitely.

if it is something that will help low end torque, it is definitely a consideration.

I had no idea it could be upwards of $700. that would rule me out if it were.
BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 02:24 PM   #33
stevethegimp

Drives: '09 Blazing Blue 3D LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladesmith6 View Post
I know you guys are saying "I'm in" but keep in mind this probably will be at least 5-700 dollars(maybe more, garm correct me if I am totally off base) and that price is why half the people flaked out the last time something like this came up. Hell I used to argue about the price being too high but after doing alot more research unless its a honda this is the price you have to pay with a car like ours...another words don't make promises and then dissapear....
Haha well i'm one of those few, slightly mental, Yaris drivers. Since i'm decently competitive in the local auto-x club i'm willing to plop down a bit of money. The big questions at least for me would be whether long runners would adversely effect running say....a zage turbo kit. I know short runners seem to be the approved route for forced induction but since the "Performance Yaris" subset is limited, data for pretty much all applications is limited too.

To quote Portal 2- "I'll be honest, we're throwing science at the walls here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do." <--- I feel like that's how a lot of Yaris modifications go. I mean it's still a relatively young car in the US market.
stevethegimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:41 PM   #34
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
im sure garm is aware that 84% of the people who'd post "id buy that" are flakers...
Old 05-08-2011, 03:11 PM   #35
bzinn 1

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
If it could be mad eint he $300 range,and for me even if it just looked good,no loss of power over the stock plastic piece.......I would buy one,I can polish my self....I am loking fo build a show car and looking under the hood is well....boring unless it is turbo and mine is a DD so I cannot safely turbo and rely on the car without dumping tons of cash.

But I sure would like to see someting on the front of the motor looking not so plastic....lol
bzinn 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:35 PM   #36
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
im sure garm is aware that 84% of the people who'd post "id buy that" are flakers...
Yep, learned that right here!

Seriously though, $300 for that kind of part is going to be nearly impossible, if you want it to be any good. I'll know when the factory gets the stock part and compare to the drawings I gave them.