Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2011, 11:03 PM   #1
Cheeseburger

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris 3-Door LB
Cross-country road trip

I've been lurking ever since I purchased my '09 Liftback back in 3/09 and I've enjoyed this forum immensely. I'll be checking a big item off my bucket list this June when I drive from my Pennsylvania home to Portland, OR and back, and I figured this would be as good a topic as any to start my 1st YW thread

My car is a bone stock manual; I've kept up with the regular maintenance (I have a close friend who is a mechanic) and have done nothing out of the ordinary beyond using synthetic oil from my 1st oil change onward. At 26k I've just replaced the stock tires with a set of Bridgestones (I've had a Firestone account for years and I'm trying to keep as much cash as possible handy for the trip); I'm just wondering if anyone has other suggestions for me in preparation for this trip. I anticipate around 7000 miles in total driving over the course of about 20 days, with hard runs there & back between about 12 days of leisure time visiting my friend in Portland.

I'm accustomed to driving long distances and have already clocked 800+ miles in one day last spring during a mini Finger Lakes/Niagara Falls vacation. The car performed flawlessly on that trip save one speeding ticket and a meeting with a cat somewhere in the backwoods that has left my front bumper with a minor but permanant scar. I am beyond excited to make this trip for many reasons, and I can't wait to see what the little car can do for me while everyone else is cutting back under this $4/gallon economy this summer.

Thanks in advance for any helpful hints...I've learned much about my car from this forum and I am very proud to be a Yaris driver.
Cheeseburger is offline   Reply With Quote