Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-06-2009, 04:02 PM   #1
gwasabi

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue LB
1ZZ TB and AM Intake

Does anyone have a Weapon R Intake for the yaris? If so do you know how big the Piping is?

I'm trying to find a bigger piped intake and the one I have now isn't big enough to fit the 1ZZ TB. Does anyone know of a aftermarket CAI thats big enough to fit the 1zz?
gwasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:18 PM   #2
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
The Yaris aftermarket intakes are usually no larger than 2.25" and there is a reason for that. Anything larger will throw a code.

If you want something larger to match the size of the 1zz TB you will probably have customize a Yaris Intake.

I'll tell you how Fujita sorted this problem for the 2ZR-FE engine on my Yaris...
They used a 2.25 pipe for the section were the MAF sensor seats in. That way the sensor is undisturbed and won't throw a CEL. Then a couple of inches behind and after the MAF, they enlarged the pipe diameter.

So they basically have a norrow section in the middle of the intake right were the MAF seats... and the rest of the intake is a little wider and matches exactly the diameter of the 1.8l thottle body.

Oh... and this intake won't for for you as the shape of the MAF sensor on the 2ZR engine is different from the 1NZ
CASTREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:28 PM   #3
gwasabi

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue LB
Which Intake system has the Biggest pipe for the yaris? I'll probably just get that and chop it up for my setup
gwasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:32 PM   #4
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
I remeber there used to be a cheap ebay CAI that everyone complained because it caused CEL's because the pipe was too large.

Other than that bad engineering example all the other options should be about the same.
CASTREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:29 PM   #5
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

Drives: 15 STI
Send a message via AIM to mikenacarato
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwasabi View Post
Does anyone have a Weapon R Intake for the yaris? If so do you know how big the Piping is?

I'm trying to find a bigger piped intake and the one I have now isn't big enough to fit the 1ZZ TB. Does anyone know of a aftermarket CAI thats big enough to fit the 1zz?
i have the k&n for the 1nzfe and i got a different coupler to mount it to the TB. works like a charm.
mikenacarato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:36 PM   #6
m911gt
Carless in Chicago

Drives: 08 Blk LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwasabi View Post
Does anyone know of a aftermarket CAI thats big enough to fit the 1zz?
AFE cai elbow worked just fine

Some say that he is the secret love child of Ferrari and Porsche, and others say that he would lap James May twice in a 1/4 mile drag race. All we know is that he is called The Stig.
m911gt is offline   Reply With Quote