Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-16-2011, 09:23 AM   #19
Lil Abner

Drives: 2009 3dr LB Manual
Nice diagrams!! Is there a sensitivity adjustment for the headlights?
Lil Abner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:27 AM   #20
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by toy_toronto View Post
I do have factory DRLs however I disabled it, does this change anything? At any rate, I'll gather the relays/diodes I need and work on this sometime this week or next.

Can you kindly do one final review of what I'm about to do based on this diagram I created?

Many thanks again Scott

* Headlamp control status after low-light is detected by sensor -> Relays switch pin 13 (tail) and 8 (Low) to GND:

-toy

Perfect.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:03 PM   #21
toy_toronto
always toyin'

Drives: 2010 5-Dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Abner View Post
Is there a sensitivity adjustment for the headlights?
Besides the sensitivity adjustment for rain/moisture detect in the sensor area, I can't find anything in the manual that mentions about sensitivity adjustment for ambient light unfortunately.

How the Rain Tracker Controls Headlamps
Really, really well. The Rain Tracker senses the ambient light level outside the vehicle, and turns
on the headlamps when it is dark, or when it is raining. Most US States require you to have your
headlamps on when it is raining, and it is simply a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Perfect.
Great -- I will report my results later this week.

-toy

My Garage.. 'Mild' Drop & Misc..2-DIN GPS/Navi..DIY:Rear Wiper Delay..Ramps/Roll-Ups..Rain Sensing Wipers / Auto-Headlamps
toy_toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:13 AM   #22
toy_toronto
always toyin'

Came here to report that the auto headlamp feature works! The same sensor detects both ambient light and rain that automatically triggers the headlights when it gets dark out and/or when it rains.

The system allows you to install 2 switches: 1 to bypass rain sensing (comes with the kit), and another switch you need to buy seperately to bypass the auto headlights and disable these features anytime.

Thanks again CTScott!

-toy

My Garage.. 'Mild' Drop & Misc..2-DIN GPS/Navi..DIY:Rear Wiper Delay..Ramps/Roll-Ups..Rain Sensing Wipers / Auto-Headlamps
Old 08-25-2011, 03:21 PM   #23
Lil Abner

Drives: 2009 3dr LB Manual
Nice! I guess now it makes it tough for you to stalk people late at night.......
Lil Abner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 04:03 PM   #24
toy_toronto
always toyin'

Stalk people at night? No problem.

Solution: bypass switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy_toronto View Post
The system allows you to install 2 switches: 1 to bypass rain sensing (comes with the kit), and another switch you need to buy seperately to bypass the auto headlights and disable these features anytime.

-toy

Old 09-27-2011, 10:23 PM   #25
dnagard

Drives: Yaris
I would like to know : How much drilling of the dash board is involved? Where is the best place to put the On/Off switch on the dash board? Does it take lot of space up?
How you do attach the sensor to windshield (glue or suction cup) as some glues for rear view mirrors can crack the windshield.
How you detach the plastic cover along the windshield (to run sensor wire from underneath the hood to the top of the windshield).
Is it snap on/off?
I tried to understand the writing diagram from the Rain Trackers site but, I am still confused with which wire to attach to which one and where those wires are located in the first place.
I would really appreciate all your help!
Thank you
dnagard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:34 PM   #26
dnagard

@ toy_toronto,
In addition, to my previous question I was wondering if it was possible, if you were able to create a youtube video or photos outlining step by step directions. As I don't follow the writing instructions confidently.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:29 PM   #27
toy_toronto
always toyin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnagard View Post
@ toy_toronto,
In addition, to my previous question I was wondering if it was possible, if you were able to create a youtube video or photos outlining step by step directions. As I don't follow the writing instructions confidently.

I would but it has been quite busy for me lately. Work and life in general have been getting in the way of me tweaking the Yaris.

It might seem confusing /overwhelming right now as you might think it is but it really is not difficult, plenty of help around here to get you through and the device comes complete with good documentation. Read this entire thread from the start and things will begin to make sense even more especially once you get a hold of the unit.

As for the switch and drilling it's more of a personal preference. I put the switch that came with the unit around the parking brake console (drilled ¾” hole).

-toy

Old 09-29-2011, 10:12 PM   #28
dnagard

at toy_toronto
Thanks, I will order Raintracker system.