Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-13-2009, 09:36 PM   #433
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

Drives: 15 STI
Send a message via AIM to mikenacarato
ask them
mikenacarato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:09 PM   #434
NonStopTuning

Drives: NST CARS: S13 AE86 ANT10 AW11
Quote:
Originally Posted by auxmike View Post
Just wondering; If these parts provide so many benefits, why does'nt Toyota install them in the factory from the get go??
There are SEVERAL reasons, with one major reason being cost.

Toyota also does not offer high performance camshafts, exhaust systems, suspensions, turbo or supercharger kits, etc.

Just because Toyota does not offer these pulleys does not mean that you should shy away from them.

25+ pages of positive results here on your forums alone, hundreds more pages, with thousands more positive reviews on other forums.

Good luck and have fun with all your projects

NonStopTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:10 PM   #435
NonStopTuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenacarato View Post
i didnt notice any difference. pulleys have been on for a few months now with nothing but good results. i also have the underdrive set and a system installed in the car and have never once had any slight electrical issue with it being underdriven.

dont think....just do....do nst pulleys today!
Thank you sir.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:15 PM   #436
auxmike

Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
Thanks MIKE@NST!

Never take eyes off opponent - Bruce Lee
auxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:25 AM   #437
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
Hey Mike I finally got to order one of the underdrive pullies! I can't wait for it to come in! Sorry I didn't order from you your site said that you were out of stock. So im getting it through Garm but oh well I'm still getting one!!! Can't wait to seeyou guys on the 15th.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:40 AM   #438
dallas

Drives: Yaris Hatch /Landrover D2
McDonalds has thousands of happy customers too, but does it mean your eating healthy LOL.

I believe the reason why they are not fitted at the OEM level has to do with harmonic vibration control, something a solid pully does not do as well. The Society of Automotive engineers has some good papers on this subject. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm not aware of one O.E.M manufacturer using a solid aluminium crank pully. With car companies under pressure to meet Corporate average fuel economy requirements, if all the benefits out weighed the negatives you would see them on all cars.

Now if your willing to accept some negatives like the ones mentioned by others, the car will pull noticably harder with a underdrive pulley, It feels rev happy. On other applications I have used underdrive pulleys for over 50,000 miles with no engine failures. Just like any performance mod, there is always some offs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonStopTuning View Post
First, thank you for your interest in our site and products, we appreciate it.

Second, then answers to all your questions are here in this thread.

So I will try to give you the short version here...

1. Underdriving on certain applications is not recommended. Furthermore, the older, more traditional pulley kits out there used to underdrive the accessories by a very large amount... ie. 40%-50%. Especially on muscle cars, where the majority of owners were thought to be purchasing such kits for RACE applications, not street. Even the majority of the older kits that were made to cater to Japanese imports were built this way.

2. NST stepped into the picture in 2005 with the understanding that the majority of our customers who are modifying small imports these days, are doing so with their daily driven cars. Our Underdrive Crank Pulley for the Yaris underdrives the accessories by only 10%. NOT enough to cause any premature problems with any of the accessories, but enough to provide a few extra ponies to drive the wheels.

Again, MUCH of this info, and a whole lot more, is provided throughout this thread.

Furthermore, we have THOUSANDS of happy customers on the following forums...

www.YarisWorld.com
www.ScionLife.com
www.8thCivic.com
www.Club4AG.com
www.MicroImageOnline.com
www.86Garage.com
etc etc etc

THOUSANDS of user reviews when it comes to NST Pulleys, 99.99999% of them positive.

The horror stories that applied to our grandfathers' pulley kits do not apply to NST pulleys.
Not all pulleys are created equal, and NO OTHER pulley is an NST pulley.

Good luck and have fun with all your projects!

dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 02:25 AM   #439
NonStopTuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredrocket View Post
Hey Mike I finally got to order one of the underdrive pullies! I can't wait for it to come in! Sorry I didn't order from you your site said that you were out of stock. So im getting it through Garm but oh well I'm still getting one!!! Can't wait to seeyou guys on the 15th.
Glad you got one. And MicroImage is an excellent place to order any NST products.

I look forward to reading your review after your install
Old 06-06-2009, 11:46 AM   #440
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
To dallas - you can decide to get it or not, its up to you, but when Mike says we have positive feedback on the pulleys (all 3), he means it. There is a member on here w/ NST pulleys on his Yaris sedan, and he has over 330k miles on his car...Has he reported a problem on his Yaris in terms of the pulleys failing on him after all those miles? NO

Here is the thread of the member, plus his video w/ exhaust, header, intake, AND under-drive pulleys..http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...t=16416&page=2

So please take it into consideration what Mike has to say about his products. He isnt sounding conceited either~

I'm one of the few worried members putting on aftermarket parts on the car, as I pay for everything myself, and i dont need any additional expenses coming my way in this horrific economy....

In todays times, the only real statistics that hold up are those of actual peoples w/ the product....not paper printing out data~
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 03:30 PM   #441
NonStopTuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
To dallas - you can decide to get it or not, its up to you, but when Mike says we have positive feedback on the pulleys (all 3), he means it. There is a member on here w/ NST pulleys on his Yaris sedan, and he has over 330k miles on his car...Has he reported a problem on his Yaris in terms of the pulleys failing on him after all those miles? NO

Here is the thread of the member, plus his video w/ exhaust, header, intake, AND under-drive pulleys..http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...t=16416&page=2

So please take it into consideration what Mike has to say about his products. He isnt sounding conceited either~

I'm one of the few worried members putting on aftermarket parts on the car, as I pay for everything myself, and i dont need any additional expenses coming my way in this horrific economy....

In todays times, the only real statistics that hold up are those of actual peoples w/ the product....not paper printing out data~
Thank you
Old 06-06-2009, 06:29 PM   #442
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
Looks like Garm was out of the underdrive too! So I'm going to have to wait a week to get it. Oh well. I'm still really excited to be getting one FINALLY!!!
Old 06-18-2009, 06:15 PM   #443
NonStopTuning

All NST Pulleys are now back in stock and ready for shipping.

Excellent sources from which to order...

www.NonStopTuning.com
www.MicroImageOnline.com

Come and get 'em folks!!!

Old 06-23-2009, 04:42 PM   #444
NonStopTuning

Anyone else?!

Old 06-23-2009, 05:38 PM   #445
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
I have over 40k miles on my lite crank pulley, and 30k miles on the WP and ALT pulleys. STILL working as advertised!
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:45 PM   #446
TinyGiant
Tiny Giant Clothing

Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue Yaris 3D LB
do they void the warranty?
Old 06-23-2009, 06:07 PM   #447
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
No, unless toyota can prove that the part has caused the malfunction, or you damage something when you do the install (had a professional mechanic friend do my install.) I'm well past the factory warranty, but when I was I had warranty and non-warranty work done and they never said anything. To date there hasn't been a single malfunction in any yaris with NST pulleys.

You will get increased engine response, weight reduction, mpg increase of about 1-3mpg, insane decrease in the auto with "gear hunting", awesome customer service, and better 1/4 mile times.

This has been my experience anyway.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 06:10 PM   #448
TinyGiant
Tiny Giant Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
No, unless toyota can prove that the part has caused the malfunction, or you damage something when you do the install (had a professional mechanic friend do my install.) I'm well past the factory warranty, but when I was I had warranty and non-warranty work done and they never said anything. To date there hasn't been a single malfunction in any yaris with NST pulleys.

You will get increased engine response, weight reduction, mpg increase of about 1-3mpg, insane decrease in the auto with "gear hunting", awesome customer service, and better 1/4 mile times.

This has been my experience anyway.
thanks.. maybe i'll put this on my to-buy list :)

i dont race my yaris.. but it would be nice to have a little more throttle response coming through tolls and on to the hwy at times.

i'll give it some thought :)
Old 06-23-2009, 06:10 PM   #449
wholenizz

Drives: 07 yaris hatchy
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyGiant View Post
do they void the warranty?
ya but it's a toyota what do u need the warranty for?

just playing devils advocate for a sec here.

i'm not getting any power mods to my yaris. i won't even add an intake or a muffler... I'm happy with stock.
wholenizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 06:14 PM   #450
TinyGiant
Tiny Giant Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholenizz View Post
ya but it's a toyota what do u need the warranty for?

just playing devils advocate for a sec here.

i'm not getting any power mods to my yaris. i won't even add an intake or a muffler... I'm happy with stock.
so far the tanabe axel back is the only engine-ish mod i've done