Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-02-2010, 02:13 PM   #55
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
Well if a supercharger is in the future, then I take back my comment about not getting a headerback exhaust. However, I wouldn't get it until after you have the S/C on or sometime soon before you put the S/C on. You wouldn't want to be driving around with 2.25" headerback exhaust and not have the S/C on. You will have no torque AT ALL! hehe
Well, that'll only be true on the low end. When top end kicks in, then it'll be better.
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:21 PM   #56
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Yes, but it is no fun at all. Trust me. Before I had my blitz wired to be "ON" all the time, I would sometimes drive with the compressor off. That thing had no torque and was somewhat embarrasing to drive. You would have to give it more gas to get it moving and then that would make your muffler louder, yet you weren't moving anywhere. hehe
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:57 PM   #57
Yoda

Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
hope this helps. it was 98* outside when i did this. The blue line is from yesterday. the yellow is from January (88* then)and before i had the res-back.
You would think i would have gained power but seems i have lost quite a bit. not sure whats the cause. Was at least expecting to gain a few from the res-back. Something is off somewhere.
I just changed my oil right before i went on the dyno tho so that maybe it but idk. I use to use valvoline synthetic, but switched to mobile 1 full synthetic. And also switch my octane to 87 rather than the 93 i use.

Mod List
AFE Intake
NST Crank Pulley
DC Header
TRD Axle back Exhaust With mandrel bent to resonator
1ZZ TB

I am running a bit lean. There is more power to be had if i got a tune but probably not worth it. Hope this helps paint a picture of what to expect.
Any questions hit me up....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dyno1.jpg (138.2 KB, 87 views)
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:26 PM   #58
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
hard to compare it when those are done so far apart and different weather conditions. i know you couldn't, but it would have been ideal to been able to do those back to back ( if you could install a resback exhaust with the snap of the finger ).
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:52 PM   #59
Yoda

Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
true but it still should have gained something rather than losing ~2whp
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:23 PM   #60
sito

Drives: Toyota
Hi guys,

I just swapped the 1zzfe throttle body without the changing the chip and adjusting the idle screw...

No CEL for my car yet.. and the response is great....

But when i start my car this morning, the rpm shoots up to 2500 and after 2 mins, returns to 800... And when i turn on the aircon, the rpm shoots up to 1800 when the fan kicks in, and drops to 1000 when the fan stopped. These symptoms happen when my car is in stationary mode (or gear engages in P mode). Other than that, when i was driving in the city or highway, no other abnormalities found.

I was wondering is there anyone who do the mod faces the same problem as me? I'm not sure whether my pivot 3 drive (throttle controller) causes this? Cos my current pivot 3 drive is using harness for 1nzfe, but after the tb swap, i'm not too sure do i need to change the harness.

Hope you guys can help.
Thanks!!!
sito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:04 AM   #61
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sito View Post
Hi guys,

I just swapped the 1zzfe throttle body without the changing the chip and adjusting the idle screw...

No CEL for my car yet.. and the response is great....

But when i start my car this morning, the rpm shoots up to 2500 and after 2 mins, returns to 800... And when i turn on the aircon, the rpm shoots up to 1800 when the fan kicks in, and drops to 1000 when the fan stopped. These symptoms happen when my car is in stationary mode (or gear engages in P mode). Other than that, when i was driving in the city or highway, no other abnormalities found.

I was wondering is there anyone who do the mod faces the same problem as me? I'm not sure whether my pivot 3 drive (throttle controller) causes this? Cos my current pivot 3 drive is using harness for 1nzfe, but after the tb swap, i'm not too sure do i need to change the harness.

Hope you guys can help.
Thanks!!!
It's simply because the throttle body is designed to work with a bigger motor. When the ECU tells it to open to start the car, or that the A/C has turned on, it moves the throttle the same amount as the 1NZ tb, but because the opening is bigger, it lets more air in causing the higher idle.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 02:05 AM   #62
sito

Drives: Toyota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluevitz-rs View Post
It's simply because the throttle body is designed to work with a bigger motor. When the ECU tells it to open to start the car, or that the A/C has turned on, it moves the throttle the same amount as the 1NZ tb, but because the opening is bigger, it lets more air in causing the higher idle.
Thanks bro....

Do i need to swap the chip or adjust the idle screw, even though i have no CEL?

Sorry to bother you guys again... what's the reason for the chip swapping?

Thanks everyone....
sito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:28 PM   #63
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
So far over 3k miles on the TB swap and no problems. Weathers been getting colder so will see how that goes.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote